• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mpg tune for big tire truck

• Owner

At least final ratio is close enough 3.55 to work with.

Working with MPG tuning I suggest you grab an app called Simply Auto. Now you want to start tracking your MPG number. Now only make one change at a time. Don't change too much stuff at once.

If you start your cruise timing at 20 degrees at 2,000 RPM it will be close.

• Owner

You want your cruise timing to float about 20* at 2,000 RPM's. I'm much higher at 22 to 23 degrees of timing at cruise for 2K RPM. My 2,000 RPM happens at 66 MPH which is 3.69:1 final ratio to the ground (245/75 R16 with 3.55 gears). 

Set up your cruise timing there and then road test. Then nudge the timing up another degree and check the engine load and pyrometer. As you advance timing EGT and Engine Load will fall.

The other factor is quality of the injectors and the pressure they are pop tested for. As injectors slide on pop pressure the timing will naturally advance but the droplets will become larger. Once a injector drop below about 280 bar efficiency falls off fast. I don't see any injectors list ed in the signature so I'm assuming it stock 235 HP injectors. If so I'm going to bet they are worn out.