• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 No MAP Sensor after Quadzilla Installation

int3man

Hi All,  So I thought that my issue was no 5 volt power to the MAP and Oil Pressure sensor.  So I pulled the harness out and gutted it.  Found the joint and it measured 1K ohms from ECM to sensors.  Reinstalled and reconnected.  Measured 5 volts on the (IQuad) red wire that plugs into the MAP Sensor.  IQuad shows no boost!   Check engine light is on.  Manual says that might be normal for 3 or 4 key cycles.  I'll drive it some more after I see what the oil leak is all about.  Man I can not catch a break!!

Thanks for any advice.

Michael

Edited by int3man

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

All wires should be 0 ohms. A max of 5 ohms. Anything past 5 ohms calls for repair of that wire. 

Right you are.  But I'm not showing any Boost and I have 5 volt reference voltage at the MAP sensor wire.  And I thought that would fix my oil pressure sensor, same 5 volt reference and it didn't fix it.  Gauge tests good with a cluster test.

Michael

I fixed it.  And now I still have issues and Thus my confusion.  ( I posted under oil pressure gauge no response.)  I'll try again tomorrow.

I was just fishing if someone else had issues after installing IQuad.  

Thanks!

15 hours ago, int3man said:

Right you are.  But I'm not showing any Boost and I have 5 volt reference voltage at the MAP sensor wire.  And I thought that would fix my oil pressure sensor, same 5 volt reference and it didn't fix it.  Gauge tests good with a cluster test.

Michael

Just ran the ODBEC Scanner and it is only reporting an over voltage on the MAP sensor.  So apparently it had adjusted down to the voltages as they evolved.  I guess I'll drive it at this point and see if the Oil Pressure gauge and MAP sensor come around.  Checked the Blue Tooth ODBEC Reader and it is reporting a P0237.  So hopefully the ECM just needs to relearn the running voltage.

Edited by int3man

O.K.  So I got my head out of the clouds (head cold).  Had a senior moment.  I went looking for and a found a +5 v reference voltage shortage.  I should have at the same time tested for and looked for a poor ground reference!  Now I have to go back into the loom and look for that after I meter it at the plug.  I tested between the Battery and +5 v on the MAP plug but I didn't measure the critical measurement across the pins in the plug.  I'm willing to bet that I will find no ground or a crappy one at best.

Two sides to a coin.  And three connections to our sensors.

Will work on it this weekend.

Michael