• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dodge Cummins Ram 6.7 Head gasket failures

Smarty Support

Good morning!

Here is a link to an article of interest on Smarty Support that helps to explain the cause of head gasket failures on the 6.7 Cummins due to the variable vane turbos and how Smarty Touch and Smarty MM3 can assist.

Thank you!

https://smartysupport.com/forums/topic/240-issues-with-head-gasket-failures-and-using-smarty-touch/?tab=comments#comment-2286

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 11:02 AM, BrianAtSmarty said:

Good morning!

Here is a link to an article of interest on Smarty Support that helps to explain the cause of head gasket failures on the 6.7 Cummins due to the variable vane turbos and how Smarty Touch and Smarty MM3 can assist.

Thank you!

https://smartysupport.com/forums/topic/240-issues-with-head-gasket-failures-and-using-smarty-touch/?tab=comments#comment-2286

Do you think that the Camshaft profile could be partially to blame? I know it was reported in the 3rd gens that the cam profile was part of the reason for the issues with HG issues.

• 6 months later...
  • Staff
On 1/6/2019 at 12:55 PM, pepsi71ocean said:

Do you think that the Camshaft profile could be partially to blame? I know it was reported in the 3rd gens that the cam profile was part of the reason for the issues with HG issues.

I hadn't heard that about 3rd gens. 

I do know that the "in-cylinder" EGR of the 3rd gen grind is gone with the 6.7 and external EGR. From what I've read the 6.7 uses a decent OEM grind on the cam. 

• Like 1