• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

P0230 after new FASS

My weekend project will be to verify voltage and ground, then to add a connector to my FASS harness and go with the suggested wiring solutions here. Does anyone know the size/type of connector? looking at the manual, it appears to be 18 gauge, 2-pin...1.5mm?

This could be interesting since my truck will be in service for the weekend, at my daughter's rodeo.

Since my second job is Taekwondo tournaments, my third job is Rodeo and Gymkhana and my fourth job is Parkour, my projects are traveling or late at night (I'm 1.5 hrs from civilization). I can actually see the future, which is in between horse events, after cutting everything, realizing that i can't actually put anything back together because the one tool i need is at home :) i will then drive the duramax 3 hours home, then 3 hours back, miss half of the 1st day of rodeo, upset my daughter, piss off my wife and burn a lot of fuel.

You'd think the awareness of this would prevent it.

Update: I decided I had the time tonight, cold and dark as it is and that I was not going to be a wussy and wait for daylight during the weekend.

Funny story: Cut the harness from the pump and the connector from the ECM. Hardwired the two together. Cleared code. Ignition on, no code. Pump on half second. Bump start pump on 25 seconds. Start truck, pump is on. Ignition off, pump is off. No code. Funny right?

FASS is going to get some words tomorrow and reviews updated and the diesel parts powerhouses are going to get some reviews and phone calls as well.

I'mglad you guys exist.

I put pump to ECM as if I just had an extension harness with original connector. Right now it's ghetto, but I'll redo it when I remove all of the FASS wiring and make it a little more perm.

EDIT: I spoke to FASS this morning. They acknowledge my issue and concerns and apologized for not doing so sooner. Too bad i didn't remember who i spoke to before. The guy i spoke to this morning says because so many of these gen dodges have ECM reference issues, my stock truck with no issues is rare (unfounded). They're actually in process of researching a resistor kit for the old connector that will fool the ECM into thinking there is a pump there. Not ideal. They also told me that the emergency breaker in the event of an accident should cut power to the ignition solving that problem. I asked them to just create the kit with the harness connector, then if ECM issues present because reference is lost, provide secondary instructions for hardwire since apparently that's been their backup solution for years.

Edited by Nutter