• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Yes and the root cause is poor oem parts to begin with.

This is the cure. Not a cover up bandaid like a diode which masks the true problem.

Posted Image

New Chrysler 618RE Governor Pressure Conversion Upgrade Kit

Part No. 618-GK

Price: $139.00 This kit was specifically designed to improve the reliability of the governor solenoid in normal use and to handle higher base pressure in high performance application. This unit will fit both early and late style. We recommend you also install a new Governor Pressure Sensor/Transducer with this kit.

This kit in testing was found to be extremely reliable in every situation. Contamination metal, fiber, clutch material does not phase the RE conversion kit.

Parts included in this kit:

• Manifold is made of 6061T6 Billet Aluminum

• New Borg Warner Solenoid

• 1/4 20 Grade 5 bolts (4)

• Viton O-Rings (3)

• Gasket

• Cap screws (3)

• Set screw

• Delphi/Packard connectors

• Bracket for Solenoid and Governor sensor

• Like 1

Yes and the root cause is poor oem parts to begin with. Not a cover up bandaid like a diode which masks the true problem.

yeah - wish I'd known too. I had the same problem - it was fixed with a new VB with lower pressure from the guys I got it from. I think the options if you don't want to get the solenoid kit above is the resistor method or turning down the valve line pressure manually. The resistors/voltage regulator can be added until the voltage is between 4.5-to5v but have someone else confirm that - just what I read. Finally you can adjust the line pressure itself. Here's a good link. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-powertrain/186150-47re-line-pressure-gov-pressure-issues.html