• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck wont start, no power at starter relay

I do my best to try and figure what I can without asking others for help but I'm stumped on this one, trucks been starting fine, went to the store, came back truck wont start, figured just a starter, a few years old. Replaced it, still no start. Started chasing wires power to the starter but nothing to solenoid 5v wire with key cycled to the start position. Pulled the relay. I have no constant power to pin 30. Dont know if there should or shouldn't be, all the other relays have power on 30. If I jump power from pin 86 to 87 and crank the key it fires right up, the list of things I have tried goes as followed. Jumped the clutch pedal safety switch. Checked every last fuse and relay, tried three brand new relays in the starter relay spot, all relays click. The only thing I'm not sure about is if the ignition switch supplies power to pin 30 in the relay, or if the main fuse going into the panel supplies power to pin 30, any input would be greatly appreciated 

Sorry about that.. its a 99 ecsb, I believe I found the issue with a 30 ampignition run fuse under the hood, was getting power on both sides but after I pulled the cap to the fuse I could visibly see it was blown, must have just barely been connecting to get power when i used a probe to check it! 

Exactly as @Mopar1973Man has said, nothing was blown and every wire ohmed out well, I was stumped with it, read some past forums and decided to start pulling fuses and ohm test each one, thankfully it was only the #2 and quickly found, it didn't have any charring like it actually blew, it just got old and cracked, perks of a 20 year old truck! Smh... Also, glad to hear the surgery went well and best wishes on upcoming events. Hope everything goes as well as the first! 

• Thanks 1