• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Let's Figure Out This 47re Problem of Mine.....

27 minutes ago, pepsi71ocean said:

@TheGreatWhite and @Mopar1973Man Here is the latest article I have submitted. I know it will help you out @TheGreatWhite since your going to be doing this on your own.

I'm unsure if it will show up, since it says it needs to be approved first?

I see it I'll take a read. Thank you sir!

21 hours ago, TheGreatWhite said:

And like you said it could just be a valve body issue, since I don't have tow/haul, and if it is I'll probably throw a party!

Your truck does not have a Tow/Haul mode, only an OD cancel button. Those switches in the shift lever go out all of the time. That's the first place I'd look.

While pressure testing is never a bad idea, I'm not sure it's going to tell you much in this case. When the failed component is on the other side of an orifice from the pressure source, you'll often see normal (or close to it) line pressure at a test port, while there's no pressure at the component.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dynamic said:

Your truck does not have a Tow/Haul mode, only an OD cancel button. Those switches in the shift lever go out all of the time. That's the first place I'd look.

While pressure testing is never a bad idea, I'm not sure it's going to tell you much in this case. When the failed component is on the other side of an orifice from the pressure source, you'll often see normal (or close to it) line pressure at a test port, while there's no pressure at the component.

Oh ok I'll look there!

So what you're saying is just go ahead and pull the tranny, that's just wasting time? Or should I still check it?