• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My Monday story on Wednesday with a dbl da

Well got off to late to go by @Manimalmother's shop Friday. Did manage to get ip with my son go to his employer's shop.

I tried too attack from the top. Removed the bell crank, intake horn and fuel filter canister. Had a wide open view of the bolt hole just could not get a straight angle for the drill. A small air drill might have worked but we did not have one. So I pulled the starter and went in from underneath while my son helped fron the top to line up the drill better. Almost dead centered that sucker. Drilled it, stuck an easy out in it and out she came.

The new bolts have much wider flanges on them compared to the OE ones and clamped down on the broken eared one well enough to hold so we are going to roll the dice a little for now. The bolts also got a nice stripe of lock tite this time. 

Another big thanks to @Manimalmother for his offer of space and help. 

• Like 2