• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Steering box

2 hours ago, Unreal Summit said:

I don't mean to hijack the op but my brothers 99 is a dang job to drive. A good amount of slop, bumps make it wonder, and it's just not fun at all.  Ball joints are good, it's in alignment, we have been wondering if a new redhead box would help or if we should start else where??

Get a Bluetop box. Same thing but cheaper. 

I have had the blue top in for two weeks and still gets the thumbs up from me.  Very responsive to even the slightest imput.  The box is the latest steering mod and made a difference on its own.

Had my Bluetop for a month or so and its good and tight. Found a steering box brace on ebay for $50 that seems to be just as good as the big names. $45 now

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Steering-Gear-Box-Stabilizer-Bar-fits-94-02-Dodge-RAM-1500-2500-3500-4WD/142354902725?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649