• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

based of that pdf. i would NOT trust that pump for more than a stock replacement. pressure is a measure of restriction of flow. since the fuel lines etc. are not being changed the resistance should not change. therefor the amount of fuel flowing(or lack of) must be what lowered the PSI. the only good thing is the checkball bypass. but that only helps if the pump goes out, and still might/may damage your VP44

• Staff

I don't think thats enough pressure (cue Mike's fuel psi gauge link)...

--- Update to the previous post...

Pressure is directly related to flow and restriction. If you have the same restriction and the pressure drops, that means flow is dropping. (Now going from idle to WOT is a restriction change, flow is unchanged thus you get a pressure drop).. But idle to idle or WOT to WOT more flow is only indicated by more pressure.

based of that pdf. i would NOT trust that pump for more than a stock replacement.

That actually is a stock replacement pump. It's a Carter 4943048 made by Carter for Cummins and also marketed by Alliant Power. It's the third generation of the Carter that was original equipment in our trucks.