• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel Pressure High!

• Owner
13 hours ago, CAMG3X said:

What size PTC fittings are you using

1/8 NPT to 1/8 tubing 

There is a reason for the remote mount. First, it moves the sensor to an accessible place. Now I can easily add a tee and hook up a test gauge and test for problems. The second, I wanted to get 5 foot or more of 1/8 tubing for suppression of the pulses. I've already seen what grease gun hoses do in the past which is pass the pulse through which does nothing why I figured out what I did. As for ISSPro Fuel Pressure gauge sensor it nearly 10-year-old now and never been replaced. Still working prefect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Went to road test the truck today for a transmission problem and the check engine light was on.   Installed code reader and had P0230.   I forgot that I had pulled the lift pump relay to see if the check engine light would come on.  So, on my truck it does.

IMG_6117.JPG.bd56866aa1a2054193892232d710c600.JPG 

So I installed the new fuel pressure sensor system with about 5' of air lines, needle valve + snubber, and PTC fittings. Everything appears to be back to normal! Pressure is steady around 17-18psi cruising around. Definitely not fluctuating as it use to from the pulses. 

Thanks Moparman for showing your set-up. Mine is definitely not as clean/organized haha

• Owner
1 minute ago, CAMG3X said:

Thanks Moparman for showing your set-up. Mine is definitely not as clean/organized haha

My problem is I spend so much time studying how I'm going to do a modification or addon that it ends up taking serious extra time and part digging. Then figure out how I want it set up. Then actually building the setup. Some times it takes several months...

• Like 1