• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok does removing the silencer ring do anything other then make more noise? Are there any facts posted anywhere about it?

It aint gonna hurt nothin. I like to leave stuff as stock as possible, so i left it in mine.. But if you want it to be crazy loud, get a smooth metal intake tube like an afe and a cone filter or something like a big honkin air filter that the website owner has on his diy site here, then pull that silencer ring. i rode in one with that setup and it was deafening.

• Staff

The 2nd gens are louder than the 3rd gens based on the air filter location in proximity to the firewall. But I removed mine and its noticeable, but not loud and I am not sure its enough noise the wife even noticed I did anything. Also stock intakes will make less whistle than aftermarket ones based on the tubing and filter design. But its fun to hear when you pull some boost.

• Staff

BHAF and straight pipe exhaust will make it fairly loud... But now leave the ring in with both and it still can be heard but just not loud...

Yeah, my buddies 02 with a S&B and his ring in place is about the same, maybe a little louder, than mine without a ring, and the intake baffles replaced with an Airaid MIT. He was talking about pulling the ring, but he is currently on a week long trip to Glacier from Boise, I am guessing the ring stays in after a 8 hour drive.