• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Strange no-start problem with '98.5 QCSB... Need help.

OK, so I have my ideas about what this might be. Anxious to hear your thoughts.A few times now I have turned the key to start the truck and let go before the engine catches. So, I just twist the key for too short a time and the engine doesn't catch. Then I try again and it will crank and crank and now start for almost exactly an hour. Then it starts right up.There is an aftermarket alarm on the truck and I have no remote. Not sure if it ever had one. I cannot smell fuel in the tail pipe while cranking; so, no fuel is being delivered. When it does start, I will fire right up with just a small puff of black smoke at the tailpipe. So I don't think there is a ton of fuel flowing.Do alarms shut off the fuel on a diesel?bb

yes the alarm can be nstalled as to kill the ignition circuit to th ecm. no ecm turning on no start. the next time you reproduce the no start check to see if the check engine light is displayed on the instrument cluster this will tell you if the ecm is powered up. (on is good):thumbup2:

the next time you reproduce the no start check to see if the check engine light is displayed on the instrument cluster this will tell you if the ecm is powered up. (on is good):thumbup2:

The Check Engine light cycles just like the other lights do on start up. One time, however, after this happened, the check engine light stayed on for a day or so. Then went off. Do you guys know anything about uninstalling an alarm like that? bb

• Owner

Do you guys know anything about uninstalling an alarm like that?

Ummm... Sorry... I can't help you I haven't seen a car alarm in YEARS! Where I live in Idaho no one locks there doors... The truck is normally parked on the city streets with the windows rolled down and the key in the ignition... The local kids here can spot a tourist a mile away by listen for the horn chirp... Then have fun setting off car alarms... :lmao::lmao2:

Hey,First you're going to have to locate the brain of the alarm and then chase all the wires through the truck to uninstall it. It is going to be a pain but can be done. I've got an alarm to install in mine and I'll tell you, there is A LOT of wires on them!!!!!!:ahhh:Good-Luck,Winslow