• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Diff switch from 3.55 to 4.10

• Owner
41 minutes ago, Bullet said:

On topic I would stay away from any tire rated that low. 

I've had a set of tires that made by Black Lion (China) and were a 235/85 R16 tires that were G Load Range (3,750 pounds @110 PSI). There is a wide range of China tires that have super high rating but most would never give up the US name brands for a China made tire. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

110 psi?  Did it feel like you were rolling on stones for wheels?

I had a tire go on my BMW X5 sport with wide rears.  I wasn't ready to buy a full set yet so I bought a Nankang (China) for cheap brand new and it has worked just fine. But for a full set I'll be looking elsewhere. 

Edited by Bullet

8 hours ago, Bullet said:

You know it's really small things like this that we can easily take for granted in the USA...as our choices are almost endless...and not just pertaining to tires.  I greatly appreciate all the freedoms we have and those that made them possible.  Sorry off topic...I'm feeling extra patriotic today.  :USflag:

On topic I would stay away from any tire rated that low.  Kinda gives you an idea of the quality of the tire.  I would look at other tire sizes if it meant that I had more choices.  There's not a tremendous difference in height, if any, between a 285/75/16 and a 305/70/16.  The 305 will be just slightly wider tread...that's all.  They will both go on the same wheel size.  Good luck with your purchase! 

Thing is here a American pickup is a minority so while I have lots of choice for a landrover or EU/Japanese there is a lot less for higher load rating tyres, also we're just a tiny island compared to USA so consumer choice will be lower.

As for the K speed rated Cooper I'm baffled on that as it's rated much higher in USA than K and according to the tyre shop owner it has only been K from this year AND is still the same tyre BUT we are still in the EU so it's highly possible that some lazy jobsworth has got the Cooper downrated for EU...... roll on November the 1st when hopefully fingers crossed we kick that rubbish into touch and leave.

I did pick 285 75 and 305 70 for a little more choice and as you say close enough on size... I just want the highest load rating I can find in a good mud ish tyre

9 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

The Hankook ATm 245/75 R16 are S speed rating (112 MPH).

I have looked at Hankook but in 285 or 305. 245 is too narrow for my rims and a rim swap here is mortgage the house so deffo not and I like at least 285

And made in China isn't an option I rather wrap rags around the rims

I'm going to drop the truck on the weighbridge at work hopefully before Saturday afternoon and see what the weights are  then add for nose weight of trailer which I will guess over then see what load rating I could use

Edited by wil440

4 minutes ago, wil440 said:

roll on November the 1st when hopefully fingers crossed we kick that rubbish into touch and leave.

Rubbish indeed!  I think y'all will be getting out by then...hopefully without cutting a deal.  Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage are good friends with Trump and he wants it to happen too.  I love Farage...he's got balls and is super smart...and a cool dude too.  I see good things coming.  Cheers! :cheers:

• Owner
4 hours ago, wil440 said:

I'm going to drop the truck on the weighbridge at work hopefully before Saturday afternoon and see what the weights are  then add for nose weight of trailer which I will guess over then see what load rating I could use

Roughly 4,400 pound in the front, and 2860 on the rear axle. This is empty truck no cargo. Your truck might be a bit more.

9 hours ago, Bullet said:

Rubbish indeed!  I think y'all will be getting out by then...hopefully without cutting a deal.  Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage are good friends with Trump and he wants it to happen too.  I love Farage...he's got balls and is super smart...and a cool dude too.  I see good things coming.  Cheers! :cheers:

Still only a hope really as it seems like every day some polititian or businessman/woman is trying to stop it, one woman will take to court whatever Prime minister tries to leave with No Deal, today vote in parliment to stop PM suspending parliment to go no deal, think this was last done in the 1600's and the king lost his head..... quite serious here at the moment, I hope we leave N D but I won't be betting on it   it's only the majority vote so it doesn't matter, shame the UK isn't a Democracy

Nigel Farage started a new UK independence party for the EU elections which we had to participate in due to us not leaving in march, this party was 6 weeks old and won over 100 seats in the eu parliment, our 2 main parties won NONE, there was only a handful of others, mainly Greens, still our 2 main parties will not listen to the will of the people, still some try and stop it

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Roughly 4,400 pound in the front, and 2860 on the rear axle. This is empty truck no cargo. Your truck might be a bit more.

Thanks thats usefull to know, so if I went to 5000lbs guess on the rear loaded, fuelled, 2 people and tongue weight I could come down a load range to 3250 to 3500 onstead of 3750