• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Aftermarket Blend Doors

12 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Typically its the plastic stem between the stepper motor and the door. Never seen the control fail yet. 

That looks good. What do most guys use for new foam on the blend doors? Just self adhesive weather strip?

Hey, just thought I'd give an update to the blend door/HVAC overhaul.  Sorry, no pics of the tear down.

The evaporator had a small leak and some minor buildup.  Not bad considering I had been topping up yearly until the last charge lasted 3 weeks before blowing warm.  The heater core was in good shape but for a super small rust spot, never leaked coolant into the cab.  That was a surprise that it didn't leak, but also that it rusted as the coolant gets changed ahead of schedule.  The LMC dash top went in and fit well, the mist grey color match was spot on.  I recommend getting the dash reinforcement kit as well, sure can't hurt.  Purchased mine through Walking J Designs, great customer service too.  The LMC instrument panel cover was also OEM looking.

The blend doors were....well....nasty.  They copped some pretty good amounts of construction dust and cigarette smoke for a short time.  That and age took a toll.  Having already purchased the Blend Door USA kit before seeing them was just as well.  The kit went in great and functions as it did.  I will say for anyone thinking of this kit, one of the OEM doors has a spring door attached (you'll see in the pics).  The replacement door doesn't have this.  After speaking with someone from Blend Door, he said it wasn't possible to reproduce this function, but wouldn't affect the function as only a small amount of air gets redirected to the defrost vents when only floor vents are selected on the switch.  I can't say as i ever noticed.  Big thanks to them for answering my questions last minute!!

The new doors went in great and function just like new.  OEM doors are still available but are more expensive (at time of purchase) than the Blend Door kit.  Ironically, the OEM plastic interposer was still in great shape, not even starting to show cracking.  I still used the replacement aluminum unit from the kit.

Great to have A/C again and the dash not cracked up!!  Big thanks to the fellas up in Floyd Va. at the Dodge dealer as well!!  I would suggest checking your radiator hoses, thermostat, and antifreeze as this is a great time to service those while spreading parts around the shop!!

20190724_173247.jpg

20190724_174605.jpg