Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

3 Years of Ownership

• 5 months later...

Update.

Small milestone.

Just rolled 75,000 on the clock................alot of miles since I posted of couple months ago.

974088891_CB75A6aTKSjZpiMIFm76w.jpg.6264fb8197ea5b078a9b02c24ab9ea9a.jpg

Just 3 days ago, changed the engine oil, sucked out 4.5qts. of ATF and replaced with fresh in the transmission, changed transfer case ATF, and then changed out the differential fluid today.

Pretty solid truck so far.  Won't be 3.5 years of ownership until 1-13-20.  

• 3 months later...
On 4/25/2020 at 8:11 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Not shabby... Now lets see that Chevy after 300k miles and how its doing. 

Doing all I can there Mike.  Keep y'all updated as we roll along.

Engine and tranny are doing fine so far..........as I'm anal about oil changes and pull/pump out 4 quarts of ATF every 15,000 miles and replace with fresh.  Since I've been doing that;  the ATF is still reddish in color when I "suck it out"!!! 

Engine I'm changing oil out at 7500 miles religiously.  Oil is still at full mark when I do so.  But remember that I have the module that keeps the engine from going into V4 mode.  

Heading to Ocala, FL in 10 days..................another 2500+ round trip..............inside of a week.

On 4/29/2020 at 10:43 PM, AH64ID said:

Glad she is doing you well. 

Are those OEM OCI’s for the trans and engine? They seem awefully short for a modern engine/trans. 

7500 miles for engine oil is what it says in the owners manual under severe usage.  Direct injection puts a good amount of soot into the oil.

As for the automatic tranny;  I've not changed out the filter yet, but I read/hear that they're basically nothing more than a glorified strainer.  Plus it's a PITA to drop the pan to do so.  IIRC;  the manual says to change every 45,000 miles in severe usage.  It's easier just to use my little Amsoil hand pump with a flexible tube attached and run it down the dipstick tube and pull out 4-4.5 quarts and add  fresh.  I do that every OTHER oil change or around 15,000 miles.  Fluid still looks good also..........but looks better after the fresh fluid circulates!!

Cannot argue with 22-23mpg running 70mph in the warm months also.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took these photos just a few seconds apart about 15 miles from my house while still on the Interstate.  I had filled up in Paducah, KY before crossing back into "The Peoplez Republik of Illinoiz" for this tank of fuel.  Unless it's unavoidable;  I refuse to buy anything in this state any longer. I was on my way home from FL again.  Not too shabby running 70-72mph.

S53cTY56R8qeYMMhyNkaoQ.jpg

1NUZNcasTS2OcMNZ+kM4RA.jpg