• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

TURBO WONT LIGHT

Having issues guys. Running a s467.7 on a steed speed t4 manifold. I have changed the exhaust housing to a .90, changed converter stall, tried to pull fuel out with tuning. Still no goose. On a side note the truck feels like it his a brick wall when the light throttle timing advance drops out on the Quadzilla. 

• Owner
On 7/23/2019 at 8:58 AM, Mdanals said:

On a side note the truck feels like it his a brick wall when the light throttle timing advance drops out on the Quadzilla.

This is based on load based timing then how low your 1,500 RPM and 2,000 RPM timing max is. For example if you have 15° for 1,500 RPM then Load Based timing is set for 3° then it is 15° minus 3° making the timing 12° till the engine load is 100% then it will equal to the 1,500 timing max again. Cruise timing load limit will also dictate when this will occur. Like my previous tune is set for 20% 0% to 19% engine load timing will be 15° plus the setting for cruise timing. The trick is to monitor engine oil temperature and keep it -10°F compared to coolant your timing will be close. Above coolant temp is too advanced. Then -20°F vs coolant temp is too retarded.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:58 AM, Mdanals said:

tried to pull fuel out with tuning

Pulling fuel is not going to spool faster. You need more fuel to spool quicker. Then the Low PSI timing reduct needs to be more to get the deep retard to push more expanding fuel and exhaust gases towards the turbine to spool up. Once spooled up and making boost this option drops out and the normal timing kicks in. Might suggest 5° and 50% or maybe 75% to get the depth of retard to spool quickly. 

Interesting about the oil temperature vs coolant temperature. With the Quad I'm usually cruising around 208-212 degrees oil temp, but my coolant is from 194-204. Have a napa thermostat and seems to open at 201ish. Does this mean my timing is too advanced then? 

Thanks