• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cold start servo/motor sounds??

kennyv

Hello all,

Had 98.5 for years but was stolen back in February. I’m now a very lucky owner of a new 2018 2500! Absolutely amazing in all aspects!!

Question: when cold starting, (not really cold!) about 7°C, when the grid(s) cycle on and off there is a servo/motor type noise that sounds under the hood with the grids. On and off. There is a little ‘beep’ that is heard as well. 

Any ideas? Certainly doesn’t sound like it’s a malfunction as it matches the grid dash lights (on and off) exactly. 

Thanks all!!

Ken

• Staff

That's not the injector solenoids. 

I haven't heard that on mine, but I also haven't stood at the front for a remote start with the grids working and it's too hot right now. 

My guess is that it's the turbo running the vanes from full open to full closed to keep them clean, and you just happen to hear it when it doesn't fire up right away. 

I'll pay more attention as as cools off this fall. 

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1