• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

3rd gen air box fit 2nd gen tube?

Just like the title says, I have been paying special attention to my air filter setup, and have noticed that even a brand spanking new mopar air box will let dust into the motor. It just wont seal adequately. I will not use a k&n filter or the like, stock style paper is the best imho or a bhaf. I love the new air filter design for the 03-07 trucks, it has pleats that are about 6 inches tall!!! BEEFY!!! And it seems like the newer air box seals better. SO... Because I don't have a 3rd gen box to measure, does anybody know if the stock air intake tube will fit over it? I will figure out how to bolt it down to the inner fender. Also, anybody able to find any on ebay? I looked and couldn't find any!!! Weird!

• Staff

Yeah the new 3rd gen filter has 4" pleats and is supposed to be killer. The OD of the box is 4". I run the Amsoil nano-fiber with great UOA results, but its CFM is a little lower than stock, but with the HD CAI I don't suck the minder down, but do have to clean the filter every 5K.. The HD CAI also induces more dirt.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a generic HX-35/40 hybrid turbo from dieselautopower.com. Seems to work pretty well for the price of $330.:thumbup2:

that's cool. I think I saw those on ebay one time, they are made in india I think. emusa is the brand if i remember. cool that it is working for ya but if i were you next time you change your oil is buy you some neodymium magnet squares and stick a whole bunch up the oil drain hole just in case that turbo falls apart. wouldn't want to get a piece of casting sucked up to the oil pump, it wouldn't be long for this world.

that's cool. I think I saw those on ebay one time, they are made in india I think. emusa is the brand if i remember. cool that it is working for ya but if i were you next time you change your oil is buy you some neodymium magnet squares and stick a whole bunch up the oil drain hole just in case that turbo falls apart. wouldn't want to get a piece of casting sucked up to the oil pump, it wouldn't be long for this world.

I run an oil sample at every oil change. The first one came back clean but the turbo only had 150 miles on it. I'm not too worried to tell you the truth. About everything you buy is made in China and such, so it doesn't bother me too much. If I could have afforded something better, I would have; but I needed a turbo as the stocker was toast!! And being a college student doesn't help with funding!!:smart: