• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

There was quite the rave over at bigger forums long ago now its well not as popular at least the way I see it... But Prowelder is right most typically say it shift like a sport car. It will shorten the throw about 2" from neutral.

Yeah you do hear some mixed reviews sometimes. I'm pretty sure I would like it as I'm used to cars with short shifters where some other guys might now be.:thumbup2:

I have one but I'm not too sure when you know if it is "worth the money"?:shrug: Does it do what they claim? Yes, Would I buy another one for another truck? Probly not. If I could take it off and sell it for 100% of what I paid for it would I? No.So I guess overall I am happy with it. As far as shifting like a sports car? Absolutely not! Not mine anyhow, The NV5600 just dont engage quick enough to give it the sports car feel. The SBDD multiplies this problem, You just need to get in the habit of taking your time and not (forcing) it in gear. It will go when it's dam good and ready (as I tell the wife and kids when on the rare occasion they get to drive it):cookoo:

I have one but I'm not too sure when you know if it is "worth the money"?:shrug: Does it do what they claim? Yes, Would I buy another one for another truck? Probly not. If I could take it off and sell it for 100% of what I paid for it would I? No. So I guess overall I am happy with it. As far as shifting like a sports car? Absolutely not! Not mine anyhow, The NV5600 just dont engage quick enough to give it the sports car feel. The SBDD multiplies this problem, You just need to get in the habit of taking your time and not (forcing) it in gear. It will go when it's dam good and ready (as I tell the wife and kids when on the rare occasion they get to drive it):cookoo:

When I drove a friend's truck with the NV5600 it felt shorting and easier to shift than my NV4500... I really like it and floating was easy too!!:shrug: