• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2002 ram 2500 wiring

I bought a 2002 cummins recently. There is a wiring harness that runs under the fan shroud. The fan shroud is broken and the wiring harness got cut in half by the fan. I am trying to splice the wires back together but there are about 5 wires that have an exact duplicate color so I am not sure how to differentiate them to get them spliced correctly. Can anyone help me with any info on splicing them back together?

wow,  Dave there is.....  its low and on the front crossmember.

OP  note this is from a 2001 manual so wire colors could be different for yours.....

image.png.d8a2e748b9e17357d9bffe7efedee6a4.png

So it has the horns probably headlights, rf wheel speed sensor and C106 (4x4 indicator) and Joint connector #3 (this just junctions a lot of the wires together.)

Here is #3image.png.d26897b83c955752a9bfc07756e3f9ce.png

It will take you some time to science it out.  I am not sure who or where might have a really good drawing of just that portion of the harness....  The FSM is going to break it down by circuits and you have to guess what it looks like in the harness.

GL  HTH

Hag

When I was thinking under I was thinking between the shroud and the radiator. I do have one on the cross that has the fog lights in it but had no idea of all the other things it has in it.

@Tylerhud, you could see it any of the things in that cable are working. If they are it still may be aftermarket. All the wires one color is what made me think that.

Edited by dripley