• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Help.. info needed.... asap if possible... :)

capj

1993 Dodge D-250 w/ cummins.I need a quick bit of info on the belt tensioner.1. Does it come off when the bolt in the middle is removed?2. I think the assembly is ok and I just need to replace the idler pulley. Is this easier to accomplish by removing the complete assembly.Thanks in advance. :thumbup2:

Ah good. Wasn't sure if it was different or not. I've never taken it off so now we both know :lol:

--- Update to the previous post...

I was wondering about how it lined back up and I'm sure you've already figured it out but I went ahead and made a video of it just in case.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8L1m_mmoek

• Like 3

• Owner

"... When ever I find the bolt! Ummm... I got to take the radiator out."

Now that's classic! :lmao::moon:

That looks exactly the same and tells me what I need to know. Thank you very much for the timely reply, I really appreciate it. :thumbup2::) Best regards, chuck p

I'm glad ISX got you sorted out so you can get your truck put together quickly! :thumbup2:

Thanks again ISX..... :thumbup2:

Yeah I figured lineup out with no problem. But I did just go ahead and replace the whole assembly with a DAYCO one. Once I got mine off and inspected it I found that the tensioner itself also had some wear in the aluminum housing. That is what was causing most of the slight alignment problem that was causing the belt to "jump inward a groove" on the AC compressor pulley.

Problem solved though..... only difference was the new assembly had a 1/2" square hole instead of a 3/8" to move it with.

Thanks again. :thumb1: