• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

3 hours ago, Haggar said:

But it is not just Etrailer labeling,  Firestone made a distinction.  2071 is what you need I think.

Hag

The 2071 mounts on springs to outside of frame, which I may go that way if the other style don’t work out. I may have to notch the brackets a little to fit around my hitch brackets, 

I did find out that the 3500 C & C frame is different as it is narrower Over the rear axle, If the information I got is correct, but don’t know how that effects the air bag installation 

27 minutes ago, Towrigdually said:

As far as I know the frames shouldn’t be different, I can go out after work tonight and take pictures of my frame and measurements if ya want to double check everything. 

Thank you, that would be helpful, I   am ready to pull the trigger on these, just trying to find one that has the least amount of fabrication involved 

That is what I thought on the C&C, that it was narrower.  I could not prove it in the MOPAR parts catalog though....  All the parts i kept looking at would be used (with the same part number) if it was a 62  or a 65.  (62 being a regular cab and bed truck and 65 being a cab & chassis of a certain wheel base....)  rear axle housings were the same so spring perches were the same.  the "fuel tank cross member" shared the same part numbers,  rear frame rail extensions were the same....  grrrr  hope you find what you need or can make something work!

Hag

As far as I know the frames weren’t different, mounting locations may have been but not sure. I found a C&C truck near me for sale and measured it out to compare to my truck and it was the same. But compared to a 2500 it could be different. I found a lot of frame info also on Dodgeram.info about the frame stuff. 
http://dodgeram.info/2001/dimensions.html

i will have to take pictures in the morning, I’ll upload them then. Got out late due to machine problems.