• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dana 80 4.10's to 3.54 swap

Hey guys,

I'd like to switch the axle ratio on my 02 3500 dually Dana 80 LSD

Truck came from the factory with 3.54's but the previous owner changed it to 4.10's.  I'd like to go back to 3.54's for better fuel econ and prefer to tow at highway speeds in 5th gear 1:1.

By chance anyone have a set of decent used 3.54's?  I'll need a 3.73 and lower LSD carrier too, since the carrier break for the 3.54's is 3.73 or lower.  The LSD carrier for the 4.10's wont work with the 3.54's.

Hoping someone out there has swapped out 3.54's and has the gears and 3.73 carrier laying around!

Once I'm all setup I'll probably be looking to sell my 4.10 gears and 4.10 LSD carrier.

Thanks

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Evan said:

Where are you.?

I'd swap you my dana 80 and 60 then I can run 37-38 tires.

I'm in central NJ.  My truck is a 2wd.  Prefer to just swap out the axle gears and carrier, not the whole axle. I recently installed all new wheel bearings and seals so I'd like to keep my axle.

Thanks for asking

5 minutes ago, Evan said:

That's  to far.

I tried.  I do very much like .3.54s  I tow at 80 at 2000rpm when empty I run run 1800 and under.

No sense in going slow for mog while loaded

That's great you got some low rpms at high speeds with an auto trans.

I'd like to find someone in my area who is running 3.54's with a 6 speed NV5600 just so I can drive and compare.

I have tall tires to 285x75x17 not quite 35s. I think I'd be hating life if I had 31s. Though guess I'd just drive slower.

I think youl be 2200 or so at 80 with small tires with 3.54. Manual and auto spin about the same

Yes.

Had this truck  for 12-15 years. 

I grew to hate it as dually now I love it.

I should have tossed a bed on it from day one 

She stil works just fine minus 2 tires.

20191205_113137.jpg

Edited by Evan

• 1 month later...

Are you still looking for a set of gears and carrier.  I have a complete factory LS (Trac-Loc) with 3.54 factory gear and tone ring I pulled from a 2002 D80 (pinion also -- All Dana Spicer).  All seems to be in good shape (I went to Dana 80 w/4.10 and ARB locker in my '02) (replaced D70).  It is a heavy rascal.  I'm in Missouri -- let me know if you are interested.  Joe

11 hours ago, Joe_Pool said:

Are you still looking for a set of gears and carrier.  I have a complete factory LS (Trac-Loc) with 3.54 factory gear and tone ring I pulled from a 2002 D80 (pinion also -- All Dana Spicer).  All seems to be in good shape (I went to Dana 80 w/4.10 and ARB locker in my '02) (replaced D70).  It is a heavy rascal.  I'm in Missouri -- let me know if you are interested.  Joe

PM sent.