• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Coolant temp

• Owner
17 hours ago, 98whitelightnin said:

Mike, tracking shows that t-stat delivered yesterday. I sent it in a very discrete valentines day padded envelope.:lmao:

Ummm... Not seen. Eileen was home all day unless its in the mail that my neighbor picks up. I'll look today.

As for returning back to the oil temp the lowest I got was running +2*F outside, winter front, and the oil temp was 162*F and so was the oil filter measured with IR gun. On the way home in 40*F weather it was 171*F maxed out climbing 6% grade. I've even bumped the timing up trying a tweak in my winter tune. Coolant still running 192*F to 195*F constantly. Double check and triple checked that temperature is absolutely correct. The only thing I can say is this is the oil AFTER the cooler. Being the radiator on the suction side is cool to the touch. But yes that temperature shown by the Quadzilla is 100% correct.