• Announcements

• Mopar1973Man

Quadzilla Tunes   06/12/2017

QUADZILLA TUNE REPOSITORY - There is now a Quadzilla tune download area. When you submit a tune file to the download area it will automatically create a forum topic that allows discussion of your tune. So export your tune and upload it to the site. Then we all can help out in building better tunes. Check it out gang...
    • Mopar1973Man

911 Support Group   06/22/2017

Hey Gang, I've got the 911 support group database back up and running once again. It's listed in the 911 support category. It will allow members to list their contact information and location so other have a listed of members to call upon in the time of need. So if you wish to support other member please stop by and add your listing into the database. https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/911-support.html/contacts/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bronzebeard9

47re rebuild tips

8 posts in this topic

here is a great step by step for anyone in the middle of or wanting to do a rebuild on their tranny, the guy has 90% of his posting done and it makes for a great read, very informative!! the list of dates on the right of his page contain all the step by step stuff for the rebuild he did..... http://joelsgarage.blogspot.com/2006/03/hi-and-howdy.html enjoy!!:thumbup2:

Looks like this guy is working on a 1st gen not a 24V 47RH. Though the basics are the same it would be great to see a thorough rebuild sequence on a 47RH

I'm planning on doing a rebuild and shift kit on a 47re as soon as I can get the money rounded up for all the parts. Any interest in posting the process on here?

They dtt builder showed me everything as he built my 47re. Not complicated except the large number of parts and why you modify certain parts and how u modify them. No way I would ever do myself but good too see the full internals and sequencing ;)

Always... Post up all the information you can... The more the merrier... Videos, pictures, explaining how to do it... :thumb1:

I'll give it a shot then. This will be my first attempt at rebuilding one of these transmissions so hopefully I won't be steering anyone in the wrong direction. Probably going to need some assistance getting everything posted in the correct order and organized so it would be useful if you're up for it when the time comes. won't be for a week or so until I get started.