• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo Decision

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

For 7 x .009's i wouldnt do a 62 id do that 57 dap has been talking about.  

To really use the 62 you will have to run a lot of wiretap with the 7x.009's.   

I ended up throwing on the hx lying around, but I have ran into some other problems..... What originally went from a VP swap and tappet reseal turned into a full blown reseal job, and had everything off that needed sealed, now the truck won't get out of second, and something's eating the belt :mad:. Only thing in the belt drive we changed was the tensioner pulley and we threw on off a 97 12v cause my wheel was a little stiff. VP is an old VP that was off my old motor that was new when we got the truck (53 block problems) and the old one showed signs of giving up, now I have no idea what's going on. Throwing some codes last I check, 0500 and 1693.

Edited by TheGreatWhite
No English skillz

On 2/24/2020 at 9:32 PM, Me78569 said:

Do you want to stay with the 7 x .009's or do you see yourself stepping up to 7 x .010's

Might be stepping up injectors, as when I turned in my old injection pump on a core, it was insanely rusty, and upon pulling the filters after 12k miles, there was a healthy amount of rust in the water filter. So that begs the question, are my injectors shot if my pump was rusty? What do you think @Mopar1973Man?