• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

All was calm...All was well...Then I drove by

Took the air filter off and wanted to see how loud it was to onlookers. I had it under the hood at first but at anything over about 20psi the camera's mic wouldn't pick it up. Yes, it is just as loud while in the cab. Now you see why going from the stock air box to a more open air filter like the BHAF makes the turbo louder.

Took the air filter off and wanted to see how loud it was to onlookers. I had it under the hood at first but at anything over about 20psi the camera's mic wouldn't pick it up. Yes, it is just as loud while in the cab. Now you see why going from the stock air box to a more open air filter like the BHAF makes the turbo louder.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uDM5MXFqeA

Epic funnny!! I want your job!!! But for real that is LOUD. I didn't know they were that loud, sounds like a jet turbine.

Better not be! I just found a tripod laying around here so I can actually make a ton of videos that I have been forced to skip because I couldn't mount it anywhere. I have been sticking a bolt in the bottom support hole of the camera and vise gripping it to everything. If only you guys knew how I mounted it in the engine bay for that video :lmao:

I just had to try taking the whole housing off and hearing it. No boost when you do that of course, but you can't tell me that isn't the neatest thing you ever heard! Wish I could run like that all the time :lol: You also see why a turbo is needed. I don't have an AFC so there is no preboost fueling on mine, I floor it and it has fuel fuel. I don't have enough air (no boost) so it is extremely rich and you get black smoke. The EGT's also soar. If the AFC was still in, it would never go to full fuel, the EGT would never soar, it would be a complete dog. I drove a guys 12V who had a messed up AFC (wouldn't go to full fuel) and he actually had been pulling trailers with it like that :stuned: Also shown is the amount of time it takes to stop spinning after shutdown. That is why you let the turbo spool down before shutting down because it has no oil pressure when the engine is off so you want to make it have to spool for the shortest amount of time possible.

Well I got to admit that was a bold move to pull the housing... But now you need to break out your Mother's Polish and do that turbo inside and out...:drool: Remember Chrome makes it go faster...:lmao2::lmao:

Cleaning it actually made it have more of that "housing off (supercharger)" sound. The housing is on just with a snap ring..

post-45-138698169228_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698169233_thumb.jpg