• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No Communication between ECM & Injection Pump Module

I have checked all the fuel pressure. I have checked all wiring ( no cracks splits broken). APPS sensor has been tested recalibrated & set.to ecm .

Non of this has worked or helped Anyone to be able to Help Me!?

So I really need help. Stock motor 89 5.924v 

Code P1689  still learning Deisels myself . Checked as much is as I can. But basically its No Communication

between ECM &Injectio Pump Module

So what part is it that is Bad? 

Is it the ECM or something else.

I'm desperately trying to get this figured out. Unlike all other guys that have this issue. Mine doesnt spit sputter, burp pop. Nothing.

I cant even drive it. 

As.i only get idle or Any throttle At ALL it instantly jumps to 1500rpms. Nothing between after tou give it any throttle at all no turbo trying to kick in, . Motor sounds & idles perfectly.  Like it should run fantastic,  but I cant for life of me figure it out or find the answer for sure . 

And I dang sure cant afford  dealership like most of us on a budget.  Any help I'd appreciate for sure.

Or if anyone knows of good shop near ft myers.fl who wont rape.me. please.let me know

Were ever able to complete the 1689 diagnostics? That would help.

My hunch is the ECM. But it is a hunch only. I lost mine back in 2010. Cranked and idled but would runaway if I touched the throttle. Mine however was spitting out codes by the handful. It never however set a p0606, failed ECM. You could send your ECM in and have it tested but that cost money too. 

5 hours ago, Royal Squire said:

Is your Wait to Start light working correctly? It should always come on immediately when you turn key on. 

Yes sir wach every time!! Everything I can see /find /diag myself so far with help of yall who trying,  recalibrated apps, rest it to ECM as.directed from help. 

Get in turn key on. All lights come on.as they should. WTS always comes on!, it fires right up when ya hit key that far. .motor perrrs at idle but soon as you go to give.it Any throttle. It immediately jumps to the 1500 rpm mark, wether.i give it tiny bit or wide.open, under load or in park doesn't matter. But for life.of me I cant figure out what  is causing it this. Every other thread I see or read. Their trucks are driving / ,drivable, poof it fixed itself!, everythi g under.the Sun, But..... what mine is actually doing, I mean I could get in it put in in drive and it will do same thing 1500rpms and no more no less, speed.well might keep going up ( needs brakes ,not going over 20mph yet)

But it would matter. This why I'm so confused and having such hard time finding anything near what sounds like what mine is doing in Any thread Anywhere I've found. ( which scare me cuz shop can say oh I need to dig.in deeper and spend alot of un needed hours when it's a stupid part , I just need to know what it is and I'll replace.it no problem there. It's not knowing what to do next or what to buy ( not waste $).

So really need some help , advise. ,someone in southwest Florida that ain't gonna take everything I own including right leg .

I really appreciate it. I can do al.oat any test( got big Giant mechanics diag, dissassmble, reassemble book that will tell me hell how.to rebuild anything on truck but it doesn't do me dam bit of good, u less.i know what test on what where for what.

Thanks again 

Eviltwisted1 

Dripley 

19 hours ago, dripley said:

Were ever able to complete the 1689 diagnostics? That would help.

My hunch is the ECM. But it is a hunch only. I lost mine back in 2010. Cranked and idled but would runaway if I touched the throttle. Mine however was spitting out codes by the handful. It never however set a p0606, failed ECM. You could send your ECM in and have it tested but that cost money too

The P1689 code all it says is No Comms between ECM And Screenshot_20200326-180314_RepairSol2.jpg.c2b219adda73931092c95ec9dd5b00c2.jpgInjection Pump Module. 

This is only codes. I tried to clear codes when I did apps rest with pedal & all in order. But not sure if my RepairSourse2 code reader actually deleted it. It said done. But soon as you turn on key and check it or crank it it is instantly back. 

That what I know and what I've done thus far. 

Thanks for trying to Help Dripley 

Screenshot_20200326-180033_RepairSol2.jpg

The scanner you have used, is it able to see live data ?? If so can it "see" the ECU and PCM ? and whats happening,

I would start from the beginning and if you can't find any information on the symptoms focus on the codes, You did as mentioned above get to step 5 in a test, what test was this , and did you finish the test, I remember you not having a certain wire or colour in a seperate thread ?? If you didn't finish the test I would suggest you go back to it and check it out ?  sorry I can't remember what test you were doing.

I see above you have checked wiring, have you had the plugs off of the PCM and ECU and checked for corrosion and bent/broken pins or wiring at the plugs, if not do this but disconnect both batteries first, there is a cover on the back of each plug, carefully unwrap the tape that holds the wiring secure to the cover, carefully prise the cover off and make sure all wires are connected to their pins, give each wire a light pull, if you have a wiring diagram pay particular attention to CCD (bus) wiring as you have a CCD communication problem, also if you do have a wiring diagram and a multimeter check ohms resistance on the CCD wiring.

You could well have a PCM or ECU or Inj pump fault but it could also be wiring as I see you have a stored P1698 no CCD messages from TCM.

One last question.... do you know anyone with a newish Snap On diagnostic box as they will read live data