• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My Hx35/40 hybrid build

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Like for me I had my stock HX35W eat a hose clamp I sent it out through DAP to Industrial Injection for rebuild. It cost me $800 dollars for replacing a compressor wheel and the rebalance. They reused the turbine and the housings. Still in all I think I got hosed on that deal and could of upgraded for less. 

Ive found that the big name diesel shops usually over charge for some of the bigger items (turbos as an example).

1 hour ago, Threadzy said:

That does seem pretty pricey. I’m in the process of talking with Turbo lab directly about a balanced rotating assembly. 

Did you end up running yours as is, or what's the plan?

2 hours ago, gimmie11s said:

Ive found that the big name diesel shops usually over charge for some of the bigger items (turbos as an example).

Did you end up running yours as is, or what's the plan?

Yes it was already put in. Not going to put the Hx35 back  in. I’ll just purchase another BALANCED rotating assembly. It’s my work truck can’t be down. I can pull the cartridge pretty quick and swap assemblies. I learn things the hard way! ? at least the next person can learn from my mistakes ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gimmie11s said:

How much boost are you seeing on level 3 of the quad on the default tuning?

A little over 30 empty. Wiretap  6 levels on the quad set at 1500 level 4 it’s maxing my gauge out at 40. I’m sure is going higher. That’s my tune. 

Edited by Threadzy

• Owner
3 hours ago, gimmie11s said:

How much boost are you seeing on level 3 of the quad on the default tuning?

Just my lil' HX35/40 (60/60/12) turbo I'm twisting 47 to 49 PSI of boost maxed out with a performance tune. Now my economy tune and level 3 tops out at barely 35 PSI. Shallow fuel map.

• Like 2