• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Airdog water separator not draining water??

I read in a thread on CF that the plastic style drain valve on the water separator that comes on Airdogs does NOT drain water; and that Pureflow has recently switched to a metal drain valve in order to solve this problem. I was wondering if any of you had heard of this, and if it's a prudent move to get a new water separator with this new style drain valve on it?

• Owner

In 9 years of owning my truck with both stock and AirDog system (5 years) I've only seen water once (WIF light lit) in the all the years... I knew why because of the cheap mom & pop fuel station I got fuel at. But during my AD150 servicing I dump the entire contents of the WS filter in a bucket looking for water and never have. Also check the stock housing for water and never have found any again... :shrug:

• Staff

Yes it is very true. I am the guy who found and published the specs on the AD filters, and how little water they separated. Original AD water filters are rated at 20 GPH, 140um, 50% free water sep and 0% emulsified water sep. For reference the stock filters are rated at 95% free and 95% emulsified water sep. The current AD filter is the Luberfiner LFF9594 and is rated at 95% free water and 75% emulsified water sep at 20um at 90GPH. While its emulsified water sep falls below the OE level the AD f/w sep is pre-filter where 99.9% of water is free. So I would change your filter out for the Luberfiner at your earliest convince. Now on a side note, I am running 2 f/w seps on my truck. Both the filters are rated at 98% free and 95% emulsified water sep, and I haven't seen a drop of water in 30K miles. Modern fuel is much cleaner and drier than older fuel.. as long as the station does a good job once they receive it.

• Like 1