• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

good transmission jack for nv5600

I'm about to pull my engine out of the truck to clean it all up, reseal everything that is leaking and put in a new oil pan, and paint the whole thing 'apex red'. First thing is first though, have to pull the tranny. I have a little tranny jack for car transmissions, it wont handle the nv5600 though. So who has suggestions on a good jack that will make this easier??? :pray:

Actually car transmission jack is fine but the transfer case got to come off first before it will work or you'll look like...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1723[/ATTACH]

That looked like that could have hurt had you been under it

--- Update to the previous post...

Dry weight for the NV5600 is almost 400lbs. Most floor jacks will do that easily, but you've got no clearance Clarence!!!! Easier to put her on the lift and do it!!!:2cents: Even if you have to pay for it!!

Lift is on my wish list for sure, but I'm only 21 and just started my first semester of law school at OU... Kinda broke LOL working part time to pay for tuition is tough.... But I got a few toys and tons of tools to keep me sane for the next three years until I graduate and hopefully get a job i'm gonna have to be careful and do it on the ground.

Do you have a "flat ditch", or a "drop off" that you could drive over enough with some make-shift ramps, to give you the clearance Clarence to get that bad boy outta there???!!!

I got some 6 ton jack stands, they go up pretty high. You got a good point, I'll have to go measure the tranny height and see if the height from the top of the jack and bottom of the frame is greater than the height of the tranny.... If not, I got a couple tractors with loader I could lift the back of the truck up.