• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2006 2500 SLT 5.9L transmission cooler lines

damonsta

Hi Everybody. My name is jesse and I am helping a friend replace the rusted out automatic transmission cooler lines on his 2006 SLT. We were able to get the lines off today but cannot find these lines. They are the ones from the front cooler, one goes to the tranny and the other goes to a heat exchanger/aux cooler. I found the lines on summitracing.com but lists for a 5.7l V8. Does anybody know where I can get these lines? I let him borrow a car while we fix these.

I've checked the ones I've used in the past, and it's a "no go"!!!:( Do you have a NAPA place near you????? They can get most anything. If they can't get it, you'll either have to go the dealership route, or fab them up yourself.

Hey Mike.........fabbing them himself shouldn't be that hard......should it????:shrug:

--- Update to the previous post...

I've checked the ones I've used in the past, and it's a "no go"!!!:( Do you have a NAPA place near you????? They can get most anything. If they can't get it, you'll either have to go the dealership route, or fab them up yourself.

Hey Mike.........fabbing them himself shouldn't be that hard......should it????:shrug:

And it's a 2006 also............has it been sitting idle in a salt factory???!!!!! Something doesn't seem right here. This shouldn't happpen this fast, even in the "rust belt"!! Believe me, I know!!!:smart:

I have had the best luck finding OEM parts thru these places. http://www.wholesalemopar.com/parts_catalog-small.html?gclid=CNvW9PDox5sCFQLixgodkwmZAQ http://www.dodgeparts.com/ The web site below is no longer valid but there is contact info, this is where I have found the best prices on OEM in the past. http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214014

this truck is used year-round. Although, I did notice and abundance of salt and sand around everything under the hood. My friend plows snow in the winter with this truck. He said he cleans it frequently. Honestly, I do not believe he cleans it like I clean my BMWs, or even my tercel. I gave him a hard time about for this. I have made brake lines for numerous vehicles in the past but not a tranny line. I will check on prices tomorrow. Thanks everybody. How can lines like this rust so quickly? I have cars over 20years old that have been driven through upstate NY snow/sand/salt and still have the original tranny lines.

• 1 month later...

All, thank you for your help with this. I decided to go with Dodgeparts.com. All the sites said one of the lines was updated by dodge and the price has changed, even though the amount on the sites was alot less. Dodgeparts.com said it was $20.94 but they put the order on hold and said dodge updated the part and it is now $105.00 but they still seemed nice on the phone so I stuck with them. My friend put these lines in on his own and has had no problems so far. Thanks again and I know where to look for answers next time!