• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vacation??

Just got back from a camping trip. On the trip I decided to not use the tow/haul mode on the tranny and it seemed to handle things well. I used to get around 13 mpg and now I got around 15. I don't know if the new exhaust brake is helping but I'm not complaining. This was hand calc. and not the overhead.

I have been somewhat busy calivanting all over the place.. :) Just got back from 5 days on the oregon coast.. My sister did well with her ford diesel and big bed camper.. she pulled almost 18 miles to a gallon.. going again this weekend then Ill be home for what is left of the summer..... `:( Work is sneaking up on me.. have to start the second week of August.. :confused: Maiden

I have been somewhat busy calivanting all over the place.. :) Just got back from 5 days on the oregon coast.. My sister did well with her ford diesel and big bed camper.. she pulled almost 18 miles to a gallon.. going again this weekend then Ill be home for what is left of the summer..... `:( Work is sneaking up on me.. have to start the second week of August.. :confused: Maiden

It was you I was refering to mainly when I posted this thread Maiden!!! LOL Now everyone knows you've been "slacking" and taking it easy!!!!!! >:) 18mpg with a Ford??????.......Really???!!!!! 8| Have fun while you can!!!! :thumbsup

• Owner

Well yesterday I had a wonderful time... I went out for my first fishing trip for the year. Took my Goldwing and loaded up my fishing stuff and my buddy James and his daughter came as well. Went to upper Payette lake at the dam wall. Needless to say we all 3 bagged out 6 fish a piece and still continued to fish... We stayed all day and must caught about 10-15 a piece... But we were catching and releasing after we hit bag limit... I got home and had good ol' trout for dinner! Yummy! B) Sorry to say but the Cummins is still having a long vacation yet... `:( (Too expensive to feed!)

It was you I was refering to mainly when I posted this thread Maiden!!! LOL Now everyone knows you've been "slacking" and taking it easy!!!!!! >:) 18mpg with a Ford??????.......Really???!!!!! 8| Have fun while you can!!!! :thumbsup

OH gee Joe!!! It feels good to be missed!!!! Well.. it is summer and I work hard teaching for most of the year.. so doesn't that give me an good excuse to be a "slacker" ?? :confused: ;) and.... Hell..... I have only even seen Mike twice this summer... (with one them being today).... `:( Remember Joe.. All work and no play makes for a very dull boy.. so hopefully your doin a bit of slackin yourself this summer .. :) Maiden

Maiden, I slack off in the late fall and winter. That's when the hunting season roles around. My BLM is in his "prime" now and I want to get him onto as many birds as I can. :thumbsup He's at the vet today getting a toe/toe nail removed. It's always grown real ratty and he ripped part of it off down to the soft stuff. He wasn't helping it either with the constant licking. He'll still have that pad; just no nail on that toe. Good to hear from you!! :thumbsup

• 3 weeks later...

Vacation? Daughter took a new job, so I got to help her move. She is the new principal of the Sand Point Christian School, looks like a nice place and super people.My sister came in from Denver, so I had to take a week off for that.I guess that is more than the average slack.keydl

Maiden, I slack off in the late fall and winter. That's when the hunting season roles around. My BLM is in his "prime" now and I want to get him onto as many birds as I can. :thumbsup He's at the vet today getting a toe/toe nail removed. It's always grown real ratty and he ripped part of it off down to the soft stuff. He wasn't helping it either with the constant licking. He'll still have that pad; just no nail on that toe. Good to hear from you!! :thumbsup

IC .. Joe the mighty hunter?? lol Can't wait to see the pics of your puppy birding.. (hint-hint).. LOL .. sorry to here about his boo boo.. `:(

Vacation? Daughter took a new job, so I got to help her move. She is the new principal of the Sand Point Christian School, looks like a nice place and super people. My sister came in from Denver, so I had to take a week off for that. I guess that is more than the average slack. keydl

Hey Keydl.. Congrats on your daughters new job.. Thats pretty neat.. !!!

Man... I wish I had it as good as you guys do... Some how, some way I'm always busy and always working... :mad

You know what they say MoparMan... all work and no play??? :nono :nono We really need to work on that play element!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup ;)

• Owner

Man... I wish I had it as good as you guys do... Some how, some way I'm always busy and always working... :mad

You know what they say MoparMan... all work and no play??? :nono :nono We really need to work on that play element!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup ;)

Yeah I know... :rolleyes Hopefully here really soon I can get free from my labor camp... LOL

Yeah I know... :rolleyes Hopefully here really soon I can get free from my labor camp... LOL

Labor Camp!!! :wow 8| :nono :nono oh my ... its worse then I thought.... :confused: ;)

Do something that you like and you don't have to work often, but there are always those little details that go with any job that are work.Is that kind of camping work? or part of the job that you like?If I had my druthers - dry land wheat - but this year is the first that I can see that it may pay well enough that you could start up with out enough money to retire on and not have to work.keydl