• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Torn between the two 6.7L's need opinions

Firoj

So I'm in the market for a new truck and my question is that my neighbor runs a 2011 Cummins with around 200k miles BUT he takes very very good care of his truck (it is his office so I don't blame him) and he is willing to sell it too me for a decent price around $23k I also found a 2012 6.7 powerstroke with 60k miles and it's priced at 33k. I'm just not sure which truck is going to be the most reliable. I do tow a large boat for half the year and I have a 25' flatdeck trailer that I don't haul as much any more but still use occasionally. What would you guys go with???

• 6 months later...
  • Owner

Another thing if it got over 150k on the injectors you will need to replace injectors. Even if it still runs good, still should be changed. Like my 2006 Dodge it starts and ran fine bit of blue smoke in the morning. After running it 30 miles it dumped over 3 quarts of Diesel into the crankcase oil. (Stuck open injectors). After changing all 6 out for +50HP DAP injectors problem is gone. Way better fuel economy over the old injectors with 225k miles.

Edited by Mopar1973Man