• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How much horsepower?

I just got my truck home from getting the tranny rebuilt and am thinking it might be time to add some horses soon. How much can I add? The guy that built the tranny was saying I could add 50 horse but not more. Talked about the possibility of breaking shafts. I was hoping I could hop it up more than that. He changed up the valve body and put in a twin disc converter which he said was rated for 900 ft/lbs torque. How much power would you guys say I could add?

Yeah - he's probably being cautious - which is a good thing.Generally you will only break shafts (from what I have read as I havn't broken one) from *Boosted Launches*Hard TC lockups So if your not racing - and abusing it - I would think on a double TC and new clutch packs as long as you keep an eye on temps you should be good to around 400HP. Thats harder than it seems - most people think they have 400 don't. egme Stock 230+20HP for BHAF/2stroke/bigger exhuast etc (debateable again lets just go with it) +120HP for level 5 edge juice+10-20HP for injectors - lets say 20 So with a top chip and small injectors and mods I am at ~390 HP ....... but minus 15% in driveline and other inifficiencies.Probably around 330 HP. - So any chip would be god - just monitor your tranny temps and EGT's :) I really like the edge products. I hear good things about the adrenaline - and it has more power ........ but I had problems with the lower end products - zxt+ or whatever - and 180HP would start to concern me on tranny/boost/egt, head studs/ turbo etc - if I spent another $3-$4k [not going to happen] then an adrenaline with bigger injectors/turbo would be a greate way to get 500+HP :)

• Owner

John your really close to me...

Stock 230 +20HP for BHAF/2stroke/bigger exhuast etc (debateable again lets just go with it) +120HP for level 5 edge juice +10-20HP for injectors - lets say 20

Straight pipe exhaust 3"/BHAF/2 Stroke +120HP for Level 5x5 Edge Comp +40 RV275 Injectors Last rolled Dyno was 2007 without the injectors 381/826 & 379/831 http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/personal/2002/dyno/dyno%20day.jpg

John your really close to me... Straight pipe exhaust 3"/BHAF/2 Stroke +120HP for Level 5x5 Edge Comp +40 RV275 Injectors Last rolled Dyno was 2007 without the injectors 381/826 & 379/831 http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/personal/2002/dyno/dyno%20day.jpg

Yeah wonder why ....... cause I'm building as you tell me - hahhaha Still a bit scared to put my truck on the dyno with all the issues I've had - sure that manual of yours could handle it better :) I must say the truck is starting to feel good on power as well as shifting/riding. Just need to get some confidence back in her :) Will be towing to NC or AZ in next couple weeks - see how she holds up :) Not expecting any issues. Then in JAN?FEB off to west coast. :thumbup2: