• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Coolant leak at the back of the head

• Owner

I typically use the Zep or HDX brand degreasers. Being acid based it works great on wheels and brake dust. Cut thick grease typically in one or two passes of degreaser being sprayed on. Slightly warm engine helps too. Then if you have the means of using warm water in the power washer really helps a bunch. Like at my other shop I've got access to Hotsy. At home I've got washer connection in the shop and make a fake Hotsy with my power washer.  Either way the warmth will help peel the remaining grease and oil off.

• Thanks 1

That may have been what that fellow was trying to tell me that sold me the PCM. I have kept every vehicle I've had clean just using WD-40 at the spray and wash places. WD-40 seems to be a better solvent then a lubricant for the really dirty oil soaked areas. This time I'm going to try some zep like moparman suggested. 

• Owner

Zep or the HDX product work excellent for wheel stripping off all the brake dust on wheels. On oily or leaking oil mess it work good too just makes it rinse away. With greasy and grimy it might a few passes and some soaking time to get nasty stuff off. Personally I like power washing first it really does save my skin a lot of abuse of scrubbing nightly. 

Just a few warnings...

Do NOT leaving on any aluminum for very long it will blacken aluminum in a short time

Do NOT spray on the gear case tag it can erase that plate pretty quickly. 

Do NOT spray oven cleaner on aluminum as well it will blacken just the same. Another quick and cheap way to clean too.