• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Front Fenders

My truck has fender flares to cover the wider and different offset rims/tyres, end of last year I repaired the bed sides both sides, here in the UK it would be rear wheel arches, rear fenders maybe for you guys, not quite finished as weather stopped play, I've just sprayed in paint I had lying around to cover for the winter.

Got to thinking If the rears were rotten then the front fenders under the flares might be the same, sure enough right hand side lower area on the fender is past it's best, no problem for our MOT as the flare covers it, looked on Rock and £73 or maybe $50 to 60 ish for the right hand front fender.  Not too bad

Put in my email address and postcode for delivery and WOW £747 or $1023 at my door, this includes the cheapest shipping of £552.... OR if I want to get the fender 4 days earlier than Feb 9th shipping is a whopping £1023 for a total of £1411, funnily enough if I was to buy genuine Mopar from rock at over £340 both totals at my door is a lot less, the most expensive shipping being nearly £200 less on the total.

Rock don't seem to do the lower repair patch but I did find a place on ebag but the shipping was a stupid amount being as ebag has the GSP and the patch piece is no longer than a foot and no wider than 4" at best.

Looks like it's the ideal time to practice my panel beating skills as I ain't buying into non of that 

I'd have thought the airlines would be eager to get business as no one anywhere is flying now a days

• Staff

That's almost a prohibitive shipping cost.  I went to Rock Auto to see how much my cost would be and this showed up.

Part # CH1241186 cannot ship to California because we do not have documentation required by Proposition 65 from VARIOUS MFR. Please choose a different brand.

I've heard that Sapporo beer cans make excellent patching material. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

That's almost a prohibitive shipping cost

thats way over that mate, I reckon a blind man could make a complete fender from sheet metal for less

my brother does a lot of sheet metal work on older cars in his spare time but the guy that has a shop next to his does VW camper resto's  he will be able to make if I fail...... which is likely :lmao:

And WTH is proposition 65 ?     

1 hour ago, dripley said:

i dont exactly know what it is my self. But I do know so many things I buy on the east coast has a warning on it that the state of California has determined its bad for me in one way or another.

what like you can't fix your pickup truck cos you might die in a car crash :lmao:  seriously though Cat has it at the bottom of every listing on their parts ordering website

Again jokingly.... you can buy a machine gun but hey you had better not buy that fender as it's bad for your health..... I can't buy a gun but I can buy a fender, I can't defend myself with a gun cos I can't own one, but I could beat a burglar to death with a fender you guys can't buy IF I could afford to buy it and ship it that is but if I did the burglar would be a dead hero and I would be jailed for life, might get me out of paying for the fender though........ sorry Mr Visa sir senoir fender is in the pen so go whistle for your £1400, fenders got a head shaped dent in it anyway so go reclaim on rock  LOL

• Haha 2

• Staff
4 hours ago, wil440 said:

And WTH is proposition 65 ?     

In 1986 we thought we were voting for clean water and a reduction of cancer causing agents.  Now, everything sold in the state has to be tested for carcinogens and if found the idem has a prop 65 warning label put on it.  You can see that some manufactures don't submit their products for testing so they can't be sold here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_California_Proposition_65 

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

In 1986 we thought we were voting for clean water and a reduction of cancer causing agents.  Now, everything sold in the state has to be tested for carcinogens and if found the idem has a prop 65 warning label put on it.  You can see that some manufactures don't submit their products for testing so they can't be sold here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_California_Proposition_65 

Bit like here... in 1973 we applied for the 3rd time to join the common market, we got in, we've been trying to get out for years FINALLY  we are rid of it and better off too, sucked the life out of our country for years

what peeps vote for is not usually what peeps end up with

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, IBMobile said:

I've heard that Sapporo beer cans make excellent patching material. 

I'm still using it on my fenders but someday I'll be giving love, just trying to decide how to go about it. Buy a whole truck from south, rob it for parts scrap the rest or just buy a box and fenders. May need doors too :think: or just patch bottoms... Cab is looking a lot better with new corners, it was a bit sad to see big Sapporo can go on passenger side I'm getting used to it being gone now. Fluid film is everywhere and it kinda stinks like it too, has this distinct smell to it, I don't use high pressure washer on the underside just a hose now, don't want to knock the film off. 

Yeah it's crazy how bureaucracy works, the idea might be great but then politicians screw it all up as always.

• Like 1