• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2002 Cummins - Weird issues

• Owner

Yesterday I had a client call me and told me he was coming. Ok he drops his rig off here and I had to run back to town any ways so I dropped him back off and chased the two Fords in Riggins. Get down with my jobs and head into town to just double check before I head home and the CEL comes on. 

I got two codes off the odometer but my OBDII tool showed nothing, no readable errors even though the CEL is ON. P12xx code and P13xx code. Never bother to write them down. After just hooking up and hitting erase they are gone and never came back. I figured if they are true code they would return. Nope gone and never came back all day. Even my trip to McCall no issues. 

The problem I'm worried about is my volt gauge randomly with chime the CHECK GAGE light and then watch the volt gauge drop to ZERO. Now looking at my USB plug voltage it shows 14.3 Volts. Then I stopped in Crump Chevron and check again too same result the batteries both have 14.3 volts too. Why is the volt gauge dropping out? From what I know the volt gauge comes from the PCM. I'm going to double check wiring and plugs for salt water entry. My entire truck is covered in salt right now. Been too cold to think of washing it. 

I need to do axle fluids and change transfer case fluids too.

I had this same type of issue.  I had taken my truck in to an oil change place because I was in a hurry.  The Neanderthal broke the wire on the back of the alternator while changing the filter.   Long story short...it took me awhile to find the hidden break.

• Owner

Weird part I've not had a bit of time to even look at my truck yet. I driven to Riggins, ID this morning and no issues. I'm going to pull the ECM plug and the PCM plugs and hit them with di-electric grease being the problem is very random. I've not seen the volt gauge weird out again either. No other error codes. 

I've got a list of things to do for my truck.

• Brand new seat covers. I bought them 4 months ago and not had the time to change them yet.
  • Transfer case needs to be serviced
  • Front and rear axles need to be serviced
  • Parking brake need to be repaired completely. (Cables, shoes, hardware, ???)
  • Door hinges are wearing out and need replacing.
  • Cracked dash that I've been chasing with Super Glue.
  • Fix my OBDII plug that randomly works and then it don't.
  • Valve Lash optional but been while since the last time.