• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

99 auto immediately after refreshed injectors stalls when placed in D or R

So you think 2 cycle oil in #1 might up the btu burn rate a bit   It could I suppose but how much and to what ratio. 5 gallons of #2 to 10 gallons of #1 was about the  right mix for me in the winter.  20 x10 =200 gallons of fuel at 20 miles to the gallon. 4 k per winter   Maybe 3 k  with some idling and warm up so  100 gallons #2 with antigel would take  me thru the winter.   I called big dodge 20 years ago they told me they knew they had a problem in alaska where #2 isn’t reaily available all winter. But offered no suggestions as to a fix

3 hours ago, Turbo Terry said:

So you think 2 cycle oil in #1 might up the btu burn rate a bit   It could I suppose but how much and to what ratio. 5 gallons of #2 to 10 gallons of #1 was about the  right mix for me in the winter.  20 x10 =200 gallons of fuel at 20 miles to the gallon. 4 k per winter   Maybe 3 k  with some idling and warm up so  100 gallons #2 with antigel would take  me thru the winter.   I called big dodge 20 years ago they told me they knew they had a problem in alaska where #2 isn’t reaily available all winter. But offered no suggestions as to a fix

What kind of temps do you see in the winter 

Well not that cold in south central.  We call it the banana belt Anchorage our largest city 300 k  so normal cold in February in 15 -20 f during the day 5-10 at night  some zero some 5-15 below that’s our norm  but other places way colder Alaska is a huge state  coldest I ever seen it in Anchorage was 25 below for two weeks 50 f in the house we wore coats. Coldest I ever worked outside was 55 below.  Very dangerous  electric power lineman 42 years retired and still alive. But it does get much colder here i other parts of the Greatland. Worked outside a lot at 20 blow but not much wind. Truck dieing is not from cold it from low btu fuel and not enough rpms to put it in gear. It dies 

Your temps aren’t much different than ours, You should be ok, with 50/50 mix on your fuel in the winter or even 35% number 1 in the winter is about the norm here, 50/50 in some of the high elevation towns.  Even #2 has very little lubrication, adding tc-w 2 stroke to 1 once a gallon is very beneficial,  anything under -15 f. I usually add some anti gel, hot shot secret or diesel kleen in the white bottle,

I have to start a lot of heavy equipment in the sub 0 temps, usually take a generator with me if it has a block heater, if no starting aids on the machine it’s usually go go juice and a battery jumper

8 hours ago, Turbo Terry said:

So you think 2 cycle oil in #1 might up the btu burn rate a bit  

Terry, not saying bad advice, or not to try 2 cycle oil. I was told by Thoroughbred Diesel not to use 2 cycle oil only because if the VP fails it voids warranty and, not sure how, but was also told they can tell and have had failed VPs returned under warranty which they denied because. Like I said initially not saying bad, or not to use, just relaying what I was told. Check around 1st. 

I'm sure there's folks that may challenge above, just relaying what I was told. For my 1k and time swapping a VP I'll stick to anti-gel.

My last pump ran 275k on 2 stroke. Its replacement is at about 45k. All on 2 stroke also. Never heard of anyone being denied a warranty over 2 stroke or for that matter all the other plethora of fuel addatives out there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dripley said:

Never heard of anyone being denied a warranty over 2 stroke or for that matter all the other plethora of fuel addatives out there.

I've also "never heard" of anyone being denied warranty for using 2 stroke oil, just sharing what I was told by Thoroughbred...

I agree its stupid and maybe, for whatever reason, the guy just wanted to tell a tale? Who knows?

I've used Hot Shotz Secret EDT, Winter Anti-gel, Diesel Extreme (only as directed) and had to use 911 only once about 2 years back. Forgot to put anti-gel in after fill up and truck sat 4 days in less than 20°, started fine, let warm up and 10 minutes later going down the PA Tpk truck just lost power, slowed to like 10mph. Hobbled home, idling rough, put about 1 pint in, ran rough for a minute or two then all of the sudden just started idling normally, off I went. From then on I keep a quart with the truck. Got me out of a jam.