• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dual DIN stereos

• 2 months later...
  • Owner

Yeah I'm looking for something more like the Kenwood I got for my 2002. That stereo is dual Bluetooth so driver and a passenger can pair there phones at the same time and use the stereo functions together. For me and the amount of road time I have I need a good stereo that is Bluetooth ready. I get way too many phone calls to have to pull over talk, hang up and get rolling again. Most of the time I just ignore the phone calls being there is no where to pull over to answer or the signal will be lost soon like in the next mile or so. 

I've been using Bluetooth headset (LG tone and talk) for now but volume is too low to hear with all the other noises in the cab. Again I've got to pull over to just hear the conversation. 

As for dual DIN stereos there is a lot of other brand name that look like China made junk like Boss and others but I'm not willing to dive into another junk stereo again. I would prefer a Android core for the stereo but something that is modern for Android version also should be update-able. What good is it to have a stereo that becomes out of date in a year or so and have to replace because the Android core is out of date?

The Sony is android-based.  IDGAF much anymore about what brand I use, provided it functions as intended with my desired operational bells.
BTW, Kenwood is really JVC now.. 

Also, the Sony has separate BT volume settings, so I can have the radio at, say, volume 20, and if I take a call, the BT is at volume 40, or whatever I set it to.

Side Note:   I used to be a MECP-Certified Master Installer for mobile electronics (not that THAT means much, I'm sure)

Edited by Rogan
  • Like 1

For my headset I bought a BlueParrot 350-XT and it works great on the highway. I've used it with passenger window down, can't remember if I've tried it with driver's window down. Mind of pricey at $100, but worth it. Battery lasts a long time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017O672DA/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Owner
4 minutes ago, LorenS said:

For my headset I bought a BlueParrot 350-XT and it works great on the highway. I've used it with passenger window down, can't remember if I've tried it with driver's window down. Mind of pricey at $100, but worth it. Battery lasts a long time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017O672DA/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Might work for driving long haul... Still in all does nothing for resolving the music end. I would like to be at a job site leave the door open and listen to tunes while I work instead of packing a portable speaker or headsets to listen to music while I work. The LG tone and talk headset again just not very loud for volume but then they fall off me neck while working. Here what I've used so far.

image.png

6 minutes ago, Rogan said:

Yeah my last stereo I did in Beast was a bluetooth and FM only stereo. That kind of sucked being you had to keep a large amount of MP3s on the cell phone and no function to play MP3 disc which I've got a lot or play normal Audio CD's which Eileen has a lot of too. Everything I do for supply runs is a minimum of 6 to 7 hours of driving. Like going to Lewiston ID its only 125 miles there but with road construction and traffic it like a 3 hour trip now one way. Then do about 4 hours to 5 hours of shopping and then drive another 3 hours home again. 

Currently, all I have is Thor (2006 Dodge 3500) to drive but I'm working on getting the the Beast (2002 Dodge 2500) back up and going. Got a few things to fix again.

• Owner

I've never used Boss before but pretty common on Amazon. Their price is low but I'm not sure about quality. :shrug: Does cover most of what I'm looking for. 

https://www.amazon.com/Boss-Audio-Systems-BV9358B-Player/dp/B01FC3SPPG/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=dual+din+car+stereo+bluetooth+android&qid=1626011384&refinements=p_89%3ABOSS+Audio+Systems&rnid=2528832011&s=electronics&sr=1-5

image.png