• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Help, looking for comparable trucks for sale… insurance co is not even close

Blue Pine,

So sorry for your loss. As you can tell by what these 2nd gens are going for, it was indeed a loss.

A bit of a story here but relevant to your fight with the insurance company...

In Oct. 95 I bought an F150, XLT, Lariat, std cab, LB, 4X4, auto, 5.0L, green metallic, tan center. It was a low mileage (48k) trade in. Beautiful truck. The dealership was asking 13,500, I walked 3 times, waiting a day or so each time, till they came down to their "if you leave after this don't bother returning" price of 11,250. In June 96 I lost it in a flood, water up to the ignition switch on the column, when I lifted the hood the water line was ½" below the top of the plastic EFI inlet cover, pulled the dipstick out and water came out.

Insurance company said 8k and they'd come and remove it that day,I still owed 9 on it and told them it could sit where it was forever before I'd accept that. I told them I wouldn't accept anything less than 12.

So, I called to chat with the adjuster every day, we became friendly, telling him the things I'd done that increased value over stock, fiberglass contoured steps painted body color, lighted visor also body color and the list went on. For 2 weeks I'd call daily. Finally he told me he'd call a dealer friend of his and see if the things I did were considered value add or reduced the value. 

In a nice way I made myself a pest to the point where they just wanted to get done with me. I ended up getting 10,750. I removed the wheels & tires and put $5 junkyards on it before they came to get it.

In essence they want to wear you down to the point where you're ready to take whatever they offer. Wear them down, reverse psychology, let them know each thing you've done, like that $1,000+ front bumper. They work "for" you, your continued premium payments pay their salaries. Like buying or selling a used vehicle it's a game of sorts. Tell them a higher number than your willing to accept and settle, after wearing them down, and don't stop until they've offered what you can live with.

Hope this helps you, or someone in the future. 

• Staff

If my insurance tried those tactics I wouldn't get an attorney I would find my lawyer that came from the wolf pack. Literally I would make it a headache for them if I was treated unfair.