• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

4wd Shifter Question

Something is wrong with the t-case then... that pattern is very much how 2500 is and how my old 1500 used to be. Unless some how someone put a jeep transfer case in (np231j).. np231j's are the only ones I know that are "progressive shift" instead of the "split shift". 

Crawl under and check the tag on the transfer case for the model. Should be a round metal tag stamped with model and low range gear.

• Thanks 1

I was wrong.. 

Just did some reading, apparently the earlier trucks (early 98 and back) were the pattern you have..

Learn something new everyday

(DASH)

2H             4L

4H             N

N               2H

4L              4H

12 valves seem to have the pattern on the left while vp44 trucks had the pattern on the right. seems to line up like that at least. might have been a hold over from the np203's and 205's. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

I was wrong.. 

Just did some reading, apparently the earlier trucks (early 98 and back) were the pattern you have..

(DASH)

2H             4L

4H             N

N               2H

4L              4H

12 valves seem to have the pattern on the left while vp44 trucks had the pattern on the right. seems to line up like that at least. might have been a hold over from the np203's and 205's. 

Great find. A previous owner may have replaced it with a previous version. It functions perfectly. 

• Owner
On 11/10/2021 at 12:05 PM, Silverwolf2691 said:

I was wrong.. 

(DASH)

2H             4L

4H             N

N               2H

4L              4H

My 1996 Dodge 1500 (lil Red) was this way too 2WD was forward. Then 2002 Dodge 2500 (Beast) is the other way.