• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone with an RV near N.W. Ohio?

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Does taking the Scottish 500 mean that you have to do 100 miles per hour (what's that in kilometers?:think:) just to reach the speed limit with your 5th wheel in tow? :wow:

:)  No it's not a race..... See below.                   No idea what 100mph is in K either :whistle:  I do know a K is 5/8th of a mile but UK is miles

45 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Is this the Scottish 500? 

North Coast 500 | VisitScotland

https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/tours/driving-road-trips/north-coast-500/

That's the very trip, 500 miles around the tip of Scotland

• Thanks 1

• Staff
44 minutes ago, wil440 said:

:)  No it's not a race..... See below.                   No idea what 100mph is in K either :whistle:  I do know a K is 5/8th of a mile but UK is miles

That's the very trip, 500 miles around the tip of Scotland

Wow! amazing. Wil you got to get a good metal detector for going around those old ruins.  It's just too ripe not too get one and it perfect for your vacations. All you need is one good hit and it's most exciting but, you have to be patient and learn it well enough and you will know just about what's there before digging. I am still learning after five years getting okay at it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Wow! amazing. Wil you got to get a good metal detector for going around those old ruins.  It's just too ripe not too get one and it perfect for your vacations. All you need is one good hit and it's most exciting but, you have to be patient and learn it well enough and you will know just about what's there before digging. I am still learning after five years getting okay at it.

TBH I have given a MD some thought as there has been some really big finds here recently but as for the northern tip of Scotland there's not a deal there

I wonder is it possible to make a MD yourself, I did have one when I was a kid, not a very good one as I recall, we had 2 fields and one of them had been excavated to put a tunnel underneath which Robert Louis Stevenson  designed and built for a coal railway, the same guy as the Stevensons Rocket train but I never found anything other than bottle tops and nails

Edited by wil440

• Staff

Todays MD's can differentiate between trash and higher noble metals giving you a reading on a scale to which gold, silver fall into. less noble metals like iron fall below zero and show in the minus area. The best and most successful detectors are Mine Lab Detectors where the older items are usually deeper. They can detect much deeper than most other brands.

• Like 1