• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

injectors

Wow. My buddy has a 2009 model one ton, just over the 100k mark, and unfortunately got a bad tank of fuel. Had all 6 injectors tested and they are seized up. Get a load of this..... They want 1500 PER ONE injector at dodge!!! Over $9,000 for 6 injectors!! 1/4th the cost of the whole truck. What a joke! I am going to say this now, if parts are getting this high for diesels, then I don't see how they are going to last much longer in america. So just a word of warning for anybody with a 6.7, watch out for bad fuel!

Thats a lot of the reason I am staying away from that new stuff. The 12V's and VP44 trucks will pass a lot of little crap through the injectors. How often do you ever hear of them getting clogged up? The new stuff has to have some good filtering to make sure they don't clog up, which the filtering is usually lacking. If you had a really good filter on it, I think it would be fine. I don't think AH64 or Dorkweed have ever had any issues as far as I know.

Thats a lot of the reason I am staying away from that new stuff. The 12V's and VP44 trucks will pass a lot of little crap through the injectors. How often do you ever hear of them getting clogged up? The new stuff has to have some good filtering to make sure they don't clog up, which the filtering is usually lacking. If you had a really good filter on it, I think it would be fine. I don't think AH64 or Dorkweed have ever had any issues as far as I know.

Yeah it is just crazy how sensitive that new stuff is... Had to put new injectors in my 2005 duramax because of water.. that was an ordeal. here is what it looked like when it broke.... haha i made this video when i was diagnosing it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKtb5LhrAkg but yeah that cost me 5 grand to fix........new heads, gaskets and injectors and a piston. Ran ok in that video, then a couple days later it fell all to hell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FP8oJCIliU&NR=1 I can fix my old 01 like 5 or 6 times for that much.

• Owner

Wow. My buddy has a 2009 model one ton, just over the 100k mark, and unfortunately got a bad tank of fuel. Had all 6 injectors tested and they are seized up. Get a load of this..... They want 1500 PER ONE injector at dodge!!! Over $9,000 for 6 injectors!! 1/4th the cost of the whole truck. What a joke! I am going to say this now, if parts are getting this high for diesels, then I don't see how they are going to last much longer in america. So just a word of warning for anybody with a 6.7, watch out for bad fuel!

Makes looking at a failed VP44 injection pump seem cheap comapred to that... I know the CR 5.9L are expensive still at ~$3,000 for a set of stock 6 injectors... Actually a good suggestion is anyone with a 6.7 or 5.9L common rail change to 2-3 micron fuel filters and double up your filters...

Last year i had 7x12 injectors made for my truck.I had bad fuel and it killed 5 of 6.

I am looking into baldwin water/fuel pre lift pump add on.

Some guy here did a nice wright up.If someone here remembers it ,repost it.

It is good info.Fass and airdog lift pumps are way better than factory but when gobs of water enter bad things happen.My filters were replaced a few weeks before my bad fuel problem.I guess the filter let some get passed.Some filter 98%.

--- Update to the previous post...

Read this.http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/1300-Additional-Fuel-Filter-Installs-on-a-3rd-Gen?highlight=baldwin

• Staff

No issues yet, knock on wood! 3 fuel filters, and dosing the fuel.. But CRs are hard on injectors. You need to consider the pressure and the number of injections. A 3 injections per stroke on my 05 the injectors have 3x the "miles" on them, and up to 5 injections per stroke on the 6.7.

• 2 weeks later...