• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

While I was on stock tuning...

While my Quad was down and I was running around on the stock tuning, I noticed I couldn't build more than 20psi of boost or exceed 900* on the EGT gauge.  I figured the stock turbo was waste gated to 20psi and that's why it didn't make more.  I know the S300 will make 30+, does the truck defuel when it senses the boost level to keep it from rising?  

If i had to hazard a guess.. it wouldn't matter what injectors you had (to a point). If everything was stock besides injectors, it would pull fuel based on boost and rpm.. Computer doesnt like going over like 20 psi..and will pull fuel pretty aggressively after 27-2900 rpm. I've seen that in my sled pulling data logs.. As long as the rpms stay constant-ish, (ie not going up too quickly) the computer will full fuel. Any semi-rapid increase in rpm and the canbus fuel starts dropping off.