• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Edge Comp & TST plate Install

• Owner

Well here we go. The edge Comp is installed with a TST injection pump plate. Lot of people are wondering how hard it is to install. I hate to say it but it's extremely simple. I think the biggest thing is installing the TST plate.

First off...Disconnect you batteries! - Negative cables.

I got smart and started with the BD Stealth Plate installation. Which is basically loosen the clamps (2 - 7/16" nuts) on the air tube on the drive side and move it aside. Remember to stick a rag in both holes. Then remove the APPS off the engine (3 - 13mm bolts). Now you got a good view of the top of the VP44 pump.

Posted Image

So now you take the supplied tamper-proof torx bit and a nut driver and remove all 5 bolts out of the VP44 cover plate. Save you old plate! DON'T THROW IT AWAY! Now you take you TST plate and install it in place of the old plate. Once you got the TST plate mounted snug all the bolts gently. Now take the supplied allen screw and thread it in the tapped hole with your fingers till it stops.

Now get out a test light or a DVM. I used a DVM. Hook up the batteries and turn the ignition ON. Ground your test light or DVM lead and touch the allen screw with the positive lead. Now tighten the allen screw till you get 12V or a bright light. Then turn a extra 1/2 turn. Now disconnect you batteries again. Now strip the wire and crimp on the supplied ends (ring terminal and blade terminal). Put the ring terminal on the allen screw and using the supplied nut tighten down the nut snug! No more than snug though. Don't want to strip the threads in the plastic. Now assemble the APPS on the engine and the air tube. So when your done it should look like...

Posted Image

So now we get to install the Edge COMP. Look back at the firewall where the main bulkhead goes throw. Cut a 3/4" slice in the rubber boot and slip the Edge Comp plug through the hole. Pull the harness through enough to get the RED wire inside. Route the read wire over to the fuse panel. Open up the fuse panel and pull fuse #17. Take the supplied fuse terminal and slip it over the leg of the fuse and reinstall the fuse. It will be difficult to install so use a blunt object to push it a little.

Posted Image

Now route the MAP sensor plugs over towards the MAP sensor. And hook it up. Look down by the ECU and you find the CAN-BUS connector down there. Route its cable down there and hook it up. Now there is a another lead. It's got the grey wire (Pump lead) and the Black wire (Ground). Take the leads in one hand and using the other side the covering down away from the ends. This will give you extra wire to reach the battery for ground. Now you can hook up both black to ground post of the battery and the grey wire to the red wire on the TST plate.

Now route the main connector to the steering column or the knee bolster. Use the supplied velcro to attach the Edge Comp to either.

Now go out to the turbo and cut the clamp off the wastegate hose on the turbo side. Now unscrew the elbow out of the turbo. Now install the supplied elbow which looks like the same thing but it got a small hole in it. Use the supplied hose clamp and reinstall the wastegate hose.

At this point double check all your wiring and plumbing. If its good hook up your battery. Turn on the ignition key. At this point you should see lights on the Edge Comp. Fire up the engine. At this point you should be done. It took me a little over 1.5 hours to install.

Posted Image

Settings...

From what I understand when your setting you power levels you got the main number (1-5) and the sub level (1-5). To set the sub-level press the power switch and hold for a few seconds and release. The LED bars will be flashing rapidly. Now you can adjust the sub-level.

Main number controls the maximum fuel rate. This it the amount of total fuel at WOT that will be used. Higher the number the more fuel at WOT.

Main Level Horse Power

1 40

2 60

3 80

4 100

5 120

The sub number is how quick it will get to maximum fuel rate by boost pressure. Higher the number the less boost required to get to full fuel rate. This also might create black smoke during acceleration.

Sub Level Fuel Rate

1 33% of Fuel is supplied until 20 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied

2 50% of Fuel is supplied until 15 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied

3 67% of Fuel is supplied until 10 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied

4 adds less fuel than Sub-level 5

5 adds the most fuel at low boost

Tricks...

Pull you plug off the MAP sensor on the engine. This will cause the Edge Comp to supply full fuel regardless of boost pressure. This will produce some nice black clouds on 5x5. But it does have a side effect it will throw a error code P0236 - MAP Sensor Too High Too Long.

Remember anytime you see black smoke it is un-burnt fuel. So if you after fuel mileage tune it down a bit. If you after power turn it up and watch the black cloud roll!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine and installed it last thursday. It really does wake the truck up a bit !!Question ...What setting does everyone set it to to get the best mileage?Right now I have it set to level 2 with a sub-setting of 3.

• Owner

I run 4x4...Reason being is the fact that you WILL NOT get TIMING ADVANCEMENT till you exceed the de-fueling mode. So the only way you can get timing them is to run a sub-level 4 or 5. Now the main level 1-5 will dictate how much fuel and timing total you'll get. So I run with a light foot and get the 19-20 MPG on 4x4... Then play on 5x5... :burnout2

• 1 year later...

I have a question about the plate. Firstt, is it a necessary part in this setup : AirDog150, Edge with attitude, 4" exhaust. Or rather, the benefit it adds. Also, where do I get one? :)AirDog 100 or 150... Depends on how much power you plan on making... If you plan on more go for the 150...Edge Juice will require a update fuel system for sure...4" exhaust is a nice upgrade... But I'll have to dig up a vendor or two for ya...

• Owner

Educate me here please, what does the TST plate do? :smart

This post is rather old and I'm sorry the pics are gone again but the Slealth plate allows you to tap the wire without cutting it. It makes a weather tight connection that never goes bad. Not to mention will not void your warrnaty by most shops... Plate shown here... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/personal/2002/edge-comp/edge-comp.htm

Thanks Michael,Edge Comp, is that the one most guys are using for the Cummins? A friend of mine told me that Dr. Performance won't throw codes or won't have to reflash the computer when/if putting it back to stock.What does TST stand for as far as abreviation? Thanks for the edumacation!Dave

• Owner

Thanks Michael, Edge Comp, is that the one most guys are using for the Cummins? A friend of mine told me that Dr. Performance won't throw codes or won't have to reflash the computer when/if putting it back to stock. What does TST stand for as far as abreviation? Thanks for the edumacation! Dave

Dr. P... That consider a poor programmer... As fr the TST I'm clueless... :confused: