• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Government double standards

Max Tune

I live in an unincorporated part of the county. They just passed new restrictions here regarding burning in your yard. Fires can only be max 3x3x3. Must be only wood so there is a minimum of smoke. No more burning of yard or construction debris. No more burning of leaves. These restrictions have been in place within city limits for awhile, now they are expanded to include us. Just whittling away at our lives little by little.

Now every year in the fall, the forest preserve burns the dead grass, leaves and weeds from all of their property. They put signs up along the road saying it's a controlled burn, don't call 911. The amount of smoke is incredible. Looks like the vids of the fires out west. So it's OK for them, but not for us. The amount of double standards being created in government is getting redicilous.

They also implemented an unincorporated county wide order telling us what garbage collector we have to use. North half uses one, south half another. I'm in the north and the company they are telling us to use is twice as expensive as the one I'm using. How can they dictate free enterprise? What's going to happen to the company myself and many others use? Sounds like a behind closed doors kickback scam that we will be funding. It's getting more and more like Chicago here, and I'm not a fan.

Rant over....... for now

• Owner

Then your same federal government telling us that our vehicles are polluting and need heavier smog control. These USFS control burns or out of control forest fires pollutes more in ONE MINUTE than our trucks will in a entire lifetime. Why is the federal government allowed to turn the other way and say oh, "It is a a natural fire with natural ignition oh its not polluting." I look at the amount of forest around me that is completely burned up and gone. The amount of ground that nothing was replanted which is quite a bit. Then living through the fire and seeing how thick and choking the fire can get. 

We got the same thing we are not allowed to open burn after May 01 of this year but thats about the time everything dries out after the rainy season for us. Maybe thats why I've still got a mountain of debris in my lower yard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

Make yourselves a sign like they use, "controlled burn, don't call 911" and post it when you burn stuff. If it's ol for them why not us? 

I hate thieves, however, if I swipe one of them signs off the side of the road, is it really stealing? I mean, it was bought with taxpayer money and I ain't on welfare, soooo.........