• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck bucking

My converter will be here today so I’ll have lockup again , I will play with the settings and make sure it’s not doing it with the 1,2,3,4,5 and if it is then it’s not doing it bad at all but I can’t lock the converter to really tell . 

I know it did it with 1,2,3.5,5,6.5 so I went back to 1,2,3,4,5.  I’ll try the cruise timing too . 

your cruise timing limit should be ~%5 greater than your typical load at cruise state ~60 mph.  

however if you are using the 1,2,3,4,5,6.5 then you need to leave all other timing settings at 0.  

So make sure if you are testing the cruise limit stuff it is with your older tunes.

Edited by Me78569

4 hours ago, Me78569 said:

yes

sounds good thank you , I got lockup now so ill get to testing . It doesn't do it with all the timing settings at 0 and rpm at 1,2,3,4,5 with lockup at wot or cruising. 

I'll test the other settings with my old tunes 

thank you,

So I swapped the quad for my old comp box and no more bucking or shaking . It completely got rid of it . 

I did noticed I get like 4 less psi ,the comp box is not a boost fooler right ? 

Can I buy a boost fooler and run it with my comp box ? 

the comp box is a boost fooler as well.  

Bucking is %100 timing related.  the edge adds timing on top of the stock timing command similar to how the quad is working when you set your timing to 1,2,3,4,5,6  

Most report the quad fuels alittle harder than the edge.

4 hours ago, Me78569 said:

the comp box is a boost fooler as well.  

Bucking is %100 timing related.  the edge adds timing on top of the stock timing command similar to how the quad is working when you set your timing to 1,2,3,4,5,6  

Most report the quad fuels alittle harder than the edge.

Yeah I can tell the edge doesn’t fuel as hard but I like how smooth the power is , I’m thinking about getting the newer edge juice with attitude, I want the higher rpm’s for race season. 

19 hours ago, Me78569 said:

What I seen of the edge juice competition with attitude didn't fuel to 3700 like the quad does.   I am sure each truck is different.

Sounds good thank you , and the comp juice with attitude supposed to be 3600rpm according to their website vs quad 3700 rpm and my comp hot unlocked 3200 rpm. 

From what I figured, the quad does fuel harder and more rpm than the comp hot unlocked , with my quad I couldn't keep my egt's under control and I could get 59 psi.

Edge hot unlocked comp I can go through all gears at wot with manageable egt's only getting 55 psi . 

As I keep upgrading bolt on parts if I feel like I need more fuel then I can run the quad but for now I enjoy the shift on the fly and the fact I can punch it longer than 5 seconds with the turbo I got with the comp. 

Thank all of you for the input ,

If you have egt issues you should taper off your wiretap some.  There is no reason to have EGT issues with the quad, it just means the tune is too fuel aggressive.  

Glad you like your setup though.  The quad just takes more time to get dialed in especially with large injectors, its not for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 9:50 AM, Me78569 said:

If you have egt issues you should taper off your wiretap some.  There is no reason to have EGT issues with the quad, it just means the tune is too fuel aggressive.  

Glad you like your setup though.  The quad just takes more time to get dialed in especially with large injectors, its not for everyone.

I didn’t like the 3200 max rpm on the comp so I swapped for the quad again, ended up buying your large injector extreme tune . My truck likes it  and way more power than the edge too .