• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Master Cylinder Tip

I never thought installing a brake booster, master cylinder and all four brake calipers could disable a truck for three days. So I installed everything and just shortly afterwards the ABS light and Brake light come on brakes start dragging. I bleed the brakes so much I ruined the bleeder seats. Pulling my hair out I just didnt get it. This morning I go and talk to a master Dodge mechanic and he knew exactly what was up. He had me put two 3/8 nuts between the master cylinder and the brake booster and go drive it. Sure nuff 300 yards down the road the brake light goes off the ABS light went off brakes stop dragging and everything is back to normal.
The company I bought the master cylinder from used a different style plunger than Dodge and didnt include the new rod. The rod from the booster to the plunger is about 3/8 of a inch shorter than stock. So the whole time the master cylinder had pressure on it. 

• Thanks 1

What this guy thought was the depth of the plunger is not as deep as the stock one. Kinda like you say, Im sure the same plunger works in a bunch of other units. I went to the parts store I usually go to and he told me he would have one in but I couldnt wait so I got that one from napa. I went back and told him what I found and he pulled the one he just got in and it had a rod already installed. The wild part was he also had the paperwork stating a shorter rod maybe needed but no extra rod in the box. Anyway I got the new shorter rod put in today and its all good to go.